Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
PERFORMANCE OF SOME PAPAYA VARIETIES UNDER NORTH GUJARAT CONDITIONS
respect to different varsities’ yield, quality and physicochemical properties of fruits. The treatments
of five varieties viz., Pusa delicious, Pusa Nanha, Pant Papaya-1, Madhu Bindu and hybrid Surya
were considered as treatments replicated six times in randomized block design. Result of study
revealed that Pusa Nanha, gave maximum diameter of fruit, length of fruit, and thickness of pulp,
yield, gross and net return as well as BC ratio. Highest percentage of total soluble solids was
recorded in Pusa Delicious followed by Pant Papaya-1 whereas minimum percent age of TSS was
obtained in Pusa Nanha. Reducing, non-reducing and total sugar percent age was higher in
Madhu Bindu. On the basis of organoleptic qualities Pusa Delicious was found more acceptable
with highest mean score followed by Madhu Bindu. Thus it is concluded that Pusa Nanha is the
best variety of papaya for getting higher yield but Pusa delicious was found better in respect
- Anonymous (2007). Agricultural Research data Book. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi p.199.
- Anonymous (2008). Directorate of Agriculture, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- Dinesh, M.R.,Reddy,B.M.C. and Reena, N.A.(2000). Varietal improvement of papaya (Carica papaya L.) Jounal of
- Applied Horticulture, 2(2):121-123.
- Ranganna,S.(1979).Manual of Analysis of Fruits and Vegetables Products,TataMcGrew Hill Publ. Co.New Delhi pp.102-
- Singh,A.K.B, Bajpai,A. and Singh, A.(2006) .Assessment of genetic diversity in papaya( Carica papaya L.) cultivars in
- northern plains. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 76 (11):692-694
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.