- Arunachalam V., and Bandyopadhyay, A. (1979). Are multiple cross-multiple pollen hybrids an answer for productive populations in Brassica campestris var. brown sarson? 1. Methods for studying ‘mucromphs’. Theor. Appl. Genet., 54: 203-207
- Arunachalam V., and Bandyopadhyay, A. (1984). Limits to genetic divergence for occurrence of heterosis – Experimental evidence from crop plants. Indian J. Genet., 44: 548-554
- Arunachalam V, and Owen, A. R. G. (1971). Polymorphisms with linked loci. Chapman and Hall, London.
- Arunachalam, V. (1976). Evaluation of diallel crosses by graphical and combining ability methods. Indian J. Genet., 36: 358-366.
- Bandyopadhyay, A. and Arunachalam, V. (1980). Are multiple cross-multiple pollen hybrids an answer for productive populations in Brassica campestris var. brown sarson? 2. Evaluation of ‘mucromphs’. Theor. Appl. Genet., 58: 5-10.
- Cress, C. E. (1966). Heterosis of the hybrid related to gene frequency differences between two populations. Genetics, 53: 269-274
- Durga Prasad, A.V.S. and Murugan, E. (2015). Combining ability analysis for yield and its attributes in Black gram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). Elect. J. Pl. Breed., 6(2): 417-423.
- Falconer, D. S. and Mackay, T. F. C. (1996). Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. Addison Wesley Longman Limited, London, England.
- Griffing, B. (1956). A generalised treatment of diallel crosses in quantitative inheritance. Heredity, 10: 31-50
- Kachave, G. A., Parde, N.S., Zate, D.K. and Harer, P.N. (2015). Analysis of combining ability in blackgram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper). Int. J. of Advanced Res., 3(3): 1139-1146.
- Keerthi, C.M., Ramesh, S., Byregowda, M., Mohan Rao, A., Vaijayanthi, P.V., Chandrakant, N. and Shivakumar, M. S. (2016). High yielding vs. low yielding testers to identify advanced breeding lines for general combining ability in dolichos bean (lablab purpureus). J. Crop Improv., 30: 95-106.
- Kempthorne, O. (1957). An Introduction of Genetics Statistics. The Iowa University Press Amees USA.
- Ramesh, S., Sheriff, R. A., Rao, A. M. and Reddy, L. S. S. (2000). Prediction of the frequency of heterotic hybrids based on GCA effects of parents over a number of characters in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Crop Res., 19 (2): 310-314.
- Rao, C. R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometric Research. John Wiley Sons, New York, USA, pp 390
- Rao, N. G. P. and Rana, B. S. (1978). Characterization of tropical and temperate sorghums and their utilization. In: Proceedings of National Symposium on Plant and Animal Genetic Resources, New Delhi; pp.28-30.
- Roy D. (2000). Plant Breeding-Analysis and Exploitation of Variation. Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, India: pp.701.
- Rao M., Reddy G. L, Kulkarni, R. S., Ramesh S., Reddy, S. S. L. (2004). Prediction of heterosis based on genetic divergence of parents through regression analysis in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Helia, 27: 51–58.
- Salimath, P. M. and Bahl, P. N. (1985). Early generation selection in chickpea III: Predicted and realized gains. Exptl. Genet., 1: 59-62.
- Selvam, Y. A. and Elangaimannan, R. (2010). Combining ability analysis for yield and its component traits in Blackgram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). Elect. J. Pl. Breed, 1: 1386-1391.
- Vijaykumar, G., Vanaja, M., Raghu R. R. P., Salini, K., Babu Abraham and Jyothi Lakshmi, N. (2014). Studies on combining ability and genetic advance in blackgram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper) under rainfed condition. RRJAAS, 3(3): 14-24.
Submitted Date : 17-07-2017
Accepted Date : 15-10-2018