Performance of short duration groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) variety (TG 51) as influenced by nutrient management strategy under new alluvial zone of West Bengal
Citation :- Performance of short duration groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) variety(TG 51) as influenced by nutrient management strategy undernew alluvial zone of West Bengal .Legume Research.2016.(39):91-95
To study the effect of nutrient management strategy on production potentiality of short duration high yielding summer irrigated groundnut variety TG 51, field experiments were conducted during summer seasons of 2011 and 2012 at Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal. Results revealed that, application of 100 % RDF + 7.5 t/ha FYM as basal increased growth and yield attributes that led to significantly higher productivity (pod yield 3320 kg/ha) besides enrichment of soil available nutrients after harvest of the crop. Pod yield decreased with further increase in NPK fertilizer above 100% RDF. However, maximum haulm yield (3979kg/ha) was recorded with 150% RDF + 7.5t/ha FYM as basal. Maximum net return: cost ratio (3.43) was found with 100 % RDF which was closely followed by that of 100 % RDF + 7.5 t/ha FYM.
- Bhide, V. K. and Motiramani, P. 1964. Effect of Fertilizers on Available Potassium in Soils of Madhya Pradesh. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 12 (1): 37-42.
- Borse, N. S., Patel, L. K., Patil, Y. G., Rathod, P. K. and Kamble, B. M. 2008. Integrated nutrient management in summer groundnut. Advances in Plant Sciences. 21 (1): 329-331.
- Deshmukh K. K., Khatik, S.K. and Dubey, D. P. 2005. Effect of integrated use of inorganic, organic and bio fertilizers on production nutrient availability of plateau and Satpura hills. J. Soils Crops. 15: 21-25.
- Flaig, W. 1982. In : 12th Int. Congr. Soil sci. on Non-symb.iotic Nitrogen Fixation and Organic matter in the Tropics. New Delhi p. 115-124.
- Karunakaran, V., Rammohan, J., Chellamuthu V. and Poonghuzhalan, R. 2010. Effect of integrated nutrient management on the growth and yield of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) in coastal region of Karaikal. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 55 (2): 128 – 132.
- Kausale, S. P., Kote, G. M., Awasarmal, V. B. and Borse, N. S. 2006. Effect of INM on nodulation, growth and yield of summer groundnut. Annals of Plant Physiology. 20 (2): 226-229.
- Lv, W. G., Huang, Q. W. and Shen, Q. R. 2005. The effect of organic fertilizer and organic-inorganic fertilizer application on soil enzymes activities during watermelon growing period. Journal of Nanjing Agricultural University 28:67-71.
- Mishra, C.M. 2000. Effect of farmyard manure and chemical fertilizers on the yield and economics of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) under rainfed condition. Madras Agricultural Journal. 87 (7/9): 517-518.
- Mohanty, S., Paikaray, N.K. and Rajarajan, A. 2006. Availability and uptake of phosphorus from organic manures in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.)-corn (Zea mays L.) sequence using radio tracer technique. Geoderma 133: 225–230.
- Rao, S.S. and Shaktawat, M.S. 2001. Effect of organic manure, phosphorus and gypsum on growth, yield and quality of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 6(3): 306–311.
- Ren, Z. G., Chen, Y. S. and Tang, F. Q. 1996. Effect of inorganic fertilizer combined with organic manure on the microflora and enzyme activities in paddy soil. Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science 2: 279-283.
- Subrahmaniyan, K., Kalaiselven, P. and Arulmozhi, N. 2000. Studies on the effect of nutrient spray and graded level of N P K fertilizers on the growth and yield of groundnut. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture 18 (3): 287–290.
- Thomas, Abraham., and Thenua, O. V. S. 2010. Influence of organic and inorganic sources of nutrients and their methods of application on growth and yield attributes of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Indian J. Agric. Res. 44 (3): 216- 220.
- Thorave, D. S, and Dhonde, M. B. 2007. Morphological indices and yield attributes as influenced by integrated nutrient management in summer groundnut. Annals of Plant Physiology. 21 (2): 186-188.
- Veeramani, P. Subrahmaniyan, K. and Ganesaraja, V. 2012. Organic manure management on groundnut: A review. Wudpecker Journal of Agricultural Research. 1(7): 238-243.