Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
METHANE EMISSION AS INFLUENCED BY DIFFERENT CROP ESTABLISHMENT TECHNIQUES AND ORGANIC MANURES
emission as influenced by different crop establishment techniques and organic manures. The
experiment involved three crop establishment techniques viz., Transplanting, System of rice
intensification (SRI) and Aerobic and four sources of nutrients viz., recommended NPK, in-situ
green manure (Sunnhemp) + Rec. NPK, paddy straw manuring + Rec. NPK and FYM + Rec.
NPK. The SRI establishment technique recorded significantly higher methane emission during
early stages of crop growth (40 and 50 DAS). The methane emission under aerobic establishment
technique was lower than normal transplanting during early stages (40 and 50 DAS). During
early stage of crop growth (30 DAS), application of FYM with recommended NPK recorded
significantly higher methane emission. At later stages, incorporation of paddy straw with
recommended NPK recorded higher methane emission.
- Adhya, T.K. et al. (2000). Nutr. Cycling in Agroecosys., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands, 58:95-105.
- Adhya, T.K. et al. (1998). Soil Bio. Biochem., 30(2):177-181.
- Bharati, K. et al. (2001). Chemosphere Global Change Sci., 3:25-32.
- Bronson, K.F. et al. (1997). Soil Sci. Soc. Ameri. J., 6:981-987.
- Denier, V.D.G.H.A.C. and Neue, H.U. (1995). Global Biogeochem Cycles, 9:11-12.
- Majumdar, D. (2003). Current Sci., 84(10):1317-1326.
- Mariko, S. et al. (1991). Environ. Expe. Bot., 31:343-350.
- Mishra, S. et al.. (1997). Biol. and Fertil. Soils, 24:399-405.
- Mphande, A.C. et al. (1995). Bioresource Technol., 54(2):155-158.
- Vol. 29, No. 4, 2009 245
- Neue, H. (1993). Bioscience, 43(7):466-473.
- Nugroho, S.G. et al. (1996). Plant Soil, 181:287-293.
- Sass, R.L. et al. (1992). Ecol. Bull., 42:199-206.
- Sundararaj, N. et al. (1972) Design and Analysis of Field Experiments, UAS, Pubn., Bangalore.
- Wang, B. et al. (1999). Environ. Monitor. Assess., 57:213-228.
- Xu, H., Cai, Z.C., Li, X.P. and Tsuruta, H (2000). Austr. J. Soil Res., 38(1):1-12.
- Yagi, K. and Minami, K. (1990). Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 36:599-610.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.