- Ashraf, M. and Foolad, M.R. (2005). Pre-sowing seed treatment-A shotgun approach to improve germination, plant growth and crop yield under saline and non saline conditions. Advances in Agronomy. 88: 223-265.
- Barua, M. and Barua, P.K. (2000). Seasonal effect on seed yield and quality in greengram. Seed Research. 28(2): 153-157.
- Borthakur, L. (2018). Seed coating effects on green gram seedling establishment under high moisture stress. M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, Assam Agricultural University, Assam.
- Bradford, K.J., Steiner, J.J., Trawatha, S.E. (1990). Seed priming influence on germination and emergence of pepper seed lots. Crop Science. 30: 718-721.
- Copeland, L.O. and McDonald, M.B. (1995). Principles of Seed Science and Technology, 30th Ed. Chapman and Hill, New York.
- Debbarma, A., Devi, J., Barua, M. (2018). Seed priming durations and concentrations influence on germination and seedling growth of bitter gourd. Vegetable Science. 45: 137-139.
- Debbarma, A., Devi, J., Barua, M., Sarma, D. (2017). Germination performance of chilli and coriander as affected by seed priming treatments. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 7: 2648-2652.
- Dheeba, B., Selvakumar, S., Kannan, M., Kannan, K. (2015). Effect of gibberellic acid on black gram (Vigna mungo) irrigated with different levels of saline water. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 6: 709-720.
- Ganesh, S.K., Sundaramoorthy, P., Baskaran, L., Rajesh, M., Rajasekaran, S. (2013). Effect of pre-sowing hardening treatments using various plant growth hormones on two varieties of green gram germination and seedling establishment. International Journal of Modern Biology and Medicines. 3: 78-87.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Heydecker, W. (1974). Germination of an idea: the priming of seeds. Rep. 1973, Univ. Nottingham School Agric. Part III.pp. 50-67.
- Islam, M.S., Abdul, M.B.M., Hossain, T., Ahmed, J.U., Khan, H.I. (2012). Priming on embryo emergence and seedling vigour of small-fruited bitter gourd (Momordica charantia L.) under sub-optimal temperature. International Journal of Agricultural Science Research. 2:1-10.
- ISTA. (1985). International rules for seed testing. Seed Science Technology. 13: 356-513.
- Jamil, M. and Rha, E.S. (2007). Gibberellic acid enhances seed water uptake, germination and early seedling growth in sugar beet under salt stress. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 10: 654-658.
- Kamaraj, A. and Padmavathi, S. (2012). Effect of seed enhancement treatment using leaf extract on physiological and morphological characteristics of greengram seed ADT 3. International Journal of Current Agricultural Sciences. 4: 110-114.
- Mazed, K.M.E.H., Irin, J.I., Mollah, M.K.K., Mahabub, T.S., Reza, R. (2015). Effect of sowing time and seed treatment on growth, yield and quality seed production of chickpea (Bari Chola-6). International Journal of Research & Review. 2 (7): 398-405.
- Prasad, N.R. and Karivaratharaju, Y.V. (1994). Hard seededness as influenced by harvesting condition and environment in greengram. Intern. Conf. on Seed Sci. Tech. 46: 21-24.
- Raja, K., Sivasubramaniam K., Anandham R. (2019). Seed infusion with liquid microbial consortia for improving germination and vigour in blackgram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper]. Legume Research. 42: 334-340. DOI: 10.18805/LR-3948.
- Rao, P.S., Ankaiah, R., Reddy, B.G. (2012). Effect of pre-sowing and invigoration treatment for better crop establishment of mungbean. International J. of Science and Research. 3: 1926-1929.
- Rashid, A., Harris, D., Hollington, P., Ali, S. (2004). On-farm seed priming reduces yield losses of mung bean (Vigna indiata) associated with mung bean YMV in NWFP of Pakistan. Crop Protection. 23: 1119-1124.
- Saini, A.P. and Das, K. (1979). Studies on growth and yield of 3 mungbean cultivars. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 22: 147-155.
- Sarika, G., Basavaraju, G.V., Bhanuprakash, K., Chaanakeshav, V., Paramesh, R., Radha, B.N. (2013). Investigation on seed viability and vigour of aged seed by priming in french bean. Vegetable Science. 40: 169-73.
- Sivakumar, R. and Nandhita, G.K. (2017). Impact of PGRs and nutrient pre-soaking on seed germination and seedling characters of mungbean under salt stress. Legume Research. 40: 125-131.
- Tiwari, A.K. and Shivhare, A.K. (2016). Pulses in India: Retrospect and Prospects. Publ. by Ministry of Agri. & Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), Directorate of Pulses Development, Bhopal, M.P. Publ. No.: DPD/Pub.1/Vol. 2/2016, pp. 68.
Submitted Date : 27-05-2019
Accepted Date : 4-09-2019