- Arun, M.N., Bhanuprakash, K., Hebbar, S.S. and Senthivel, T. (2017). Effect of seed priming on biochemical parameters and seed germination in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L.) walp. Legume Research 40:562-570.
- Bradford, M.M. (1976). A rapid and sensitive method for quantification of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72:248–254.
- Buege, J. A. and Aust, S. D. (1978). Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods in Enzymology 52: 302–310.
- Caputo, E., Ceglie, V., Lippolis, M., Rocca, N. and De Tullio, M. C. (2010). Identification of a NaCl-induced ascorbate oxidase activity from Chaetamorpha linum suggests a novel mechanism of adaptation to increased salinity. Environmental and Experimental Botany 69:63-67.
- Conrath, U. (2011). Moleular aspects of defence priming. Trends in Plant Science 16:524-531.
- Du, L., Ali, G.S., Simons, K.A., Hou, J., Yang, T., Reddy, A.S. and Poovanah, B. (2009). Ca2+/calmodulin regulates salicylic-acid- mediated plant immunity. Nature 457:1154-1158.
- Ende, W. (2013). Multifunctional fructans and raffinose family oligosaccharides. Plant Science 247: 1-10.
- Fotopoulos, V., De Tullio, M.C., Barnes, J. and Kanellis, A. K. (2008). Altered stomatal dynamics in ascorbate oxidase over-expressing tobacco plants suggest a role for dehydroascorbate signalling. Journal of Experimental Botany 59:729-737.
- Gomez-Ariza, J., Campo, S., Rufat, M., Estopa, M., Messeguer, J., San Segundoa, B. and Coca, M. (2007). Sucrose-mediated priming of plant defense responses and broad-spectrum disease resistance by overexpression of the maize pathogenesis-related PRms protein in rice plants. Molecular Plant Microbial Interaction 20:832–842.
- Hendry, G.A.F. (1993). Evolutionary origins and functions of fructan—a climatologically. New Phytology 123:3–14.
- Hodgins, D.S. (1971). Yeast phenylalanine ammonia-lyase. Purification, properties, and the identification of catalytically essential dehydroalanine. Journal of Biology and Chemistry 246:2977–2985.
- Oberbacher, M.F. and Vines, H.M. (1963). Spectrophotometric assay of ascorbic acid oxidase. Nature 197:1203-1204.
- Pontis, H.G. (1989). Fructans and cold stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 134:148–150.
- Kerepesi, I., Galiba, G. and Banyai, E. (1998). Osmotic and salt stresses induced differential alteration in water-soluble carbohydrate content in wheat seedlings. Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry 46:5347-5354.
- Kumar, M.S., Devi, R.S.J., Reddy, B. and Prasanthi, L. (2017). Morphological and cultural characterization of colletotrichum capsici, incitant of blight of chickpea in Andhra Pradesh, India. Legume Research 40:592-596.
- McCue, P., Zheng, Z., Pinkham, J. L. and Shetty, K. (2000). A model for enhanced pea seedling vigour following low pH and salicylic acid treatments. Process Biochemistry 35: 60-613.
- Nakano, Y. and Asada, K. (1981). Hydrogen peroxide is scavenged by ascorbate specific peroxidase in spinach chloroplasts. Plant Cell Physiology 22:867–880.
- Pourcel, L., Irami, N.G., Koo, A.K., Bohorquez-Restrepo, A., Howe, G.A. and Grotewold, E. (2013). A chemical complementation approach reveals genes and interactions of flavonoids with other pathways. Plant Journal 74:383-397.
- Shalitin, A. and Wolf, C. (2000). Cucumber mosaic virus infection affects sugar transport in melon plants. Plant Physiology 123:597-604.
- Salerno, G.L., Porchia, A.C., Vargas, W. and Abdian, P.L. (2004). Fructose-containing oligosaccharides: Novel compatible solutes in Anabaena cells exposed to salt stress. Plant Science 167:1003–1008.
- Song, J.Y. and Roe, J.H. (2008). The role and regulation of Trxl, a cytosolic thioredoxin in Schizosacchoromyces pombe. Journal of Microbiology 46:408–414.
- Zhang, U. (2011). Moleular aspects of defence priming. Trends in Plant Science 16:524-531.
Submitted Date : 4-07-2017
Accepted Date : 18-11-2017