- Akhter, J., Mahmood, K., Malik, K.A., Mardan, A., Ahmad, A. and Iqbal, M.M. (2004). Effects of hydrogel amendment on water storage of sandy loam amd loam soils and seedling growth of barley, wheat and chickpea Plant and Environ., 50:463-469.
- Anonymous.(2013). Area, production, and average yield, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Department of Agriculture and Cooperation report, New Delhi, available on the website: http:// www.agricoop.nic.in
- El Hady, O.A. and Wanas, S.A. (2006). Water and fertilizer use efficiency by cucumber grown under stress on sandy soil treated with Acrylamide Hydrogels. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 12: 1293-1297.
- Gomez, K.A. and Gomez, A.A. (1984). Statistical Procedure for Agriculture Research, 2nd Ed., John Willey and Sons, New York,680pp.
- Mansur, C.P. (2003). Agrotechniques to enhance the kabuli chickpea productivity in Northern Transitional Zone of Karnataka. Ph. D. Thesis, University of. Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka, India.
- Mirza, H., Quazi, A. and Kamrun, N. (2007). Yield Performance of Chickpea Varieties Following Application of Growth Regulator. American-Eurasian J. of Sci. and Res., 2: 117-120.
- Nagarajaiah, K.M. (2004). Response of chickpea varieties to seed rate and time of sowing under late sown condition in Malaprabha command area. M. Sc. (Agri.) Thesis. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka, India.
- Rajkumara, S., Gundlur, S.S., Neelakanth, J.K. and Ashoka, P.. (2014). Impact of irrigation and crop residue management on maize- chickpea sequence under no tillage condition. Indian J. of Agric. Sci., 84: 43-48.
- Rohit Kumar (2015). Evaluation of hydrogel on the performance of rabi maize (Zea mays L.). M. Sc. (Agri.) Thesis. Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, India.
Submitted Date : 1-06-2016
Accepted Date : 4-08-2017