Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Performance of cluster bean cultivars under the application of various agrochemicals in Sub - Humid area of Rajasthan
First Online 16-12-2016|
A field experiment was conducted during the kharif season 2008 and 2009 to find out response of clusterbean to various growth regulators. The experiment was laid out under spit plot design where four varieties (RGC-936, RGC-1002, RGC-1003 AND RGC- 1017 are taken as main plot treatment and seven growth substance (control, seed treatment with thiourea 500 ppm, foliar application of thiourea 500 ppm, seed+foliar application of thiourea 500 ppm, seed treatment with TGA 100ppm, foliar application of TGA 100 ppm and seed+foliar application of TGA 100ppm) as sub plot treatment and with three replications. Application of seed + foliar application with thiourea 500ppm on yield attributes viz., pods plant-1, seeds pod-1 , weight of seeds pod-1, test weight, seed yield plant-1 showed significant increase i.e. 24.88g, 6.97g, 0.187g, 26.82g, 5.04g on pooled basis. The results revealed that the variety RGC-936 gave significantly higher number of pods per plant (24.85.00), seeds per pod (6.67), weight of seed per pod (0.179 g), test weight (26.09 g), and seed yield per plant (4.67 g). Seed+foliar application of thiourea 500ppm recorded significant improvement in yield and yield attributes on the pooled basis. The maximum net returns (Rs.2873/-) and B:C ratio (3.82) were recorded with the variety RGC-936.
- Anonymous. (2004). Annual Report (2004). RAU-BARC collaboration Research project, Agriculture Research Station, Rajasthan Agricultural University, Durgapura, Jaipur.
- Anonymous. (2013). Vital Agriculture statistics Directorate of Agriculture, Pant Krishi Bhavan, Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Donald, C.M. and Hamblin, J. (1976). The biological yield and harvest index of cereals as agronomic and plant breeding criteria. Advances in Agronomy 28: 361 – 405.
- Giaquinta, R.T. (1976). Possible role of pH gradient and membrane ATPase in the loading of sucrose into the sieve tubes. Nature, 267: 369-370.
- Giaquinta, K.T. (1977). Evidence of phloem loading from the apoplast : Chemical modification of membrane Sulphydryal group. Plant Physiology, 58: 872-875.
- Garg, B.K., Kathju, S., Vyas, S.P., Lahiri, A.N., Henery, A., Kumar, D. and Singh, N.B. (2003). Relative performance, evapotranspiration of the water & nitrogen use efficiency and nitrogen metabolism of diverse genotypes of culsterbean under arid environment. Advance in Arid Legume Research, 25 : 212-220.
- Hernandz-Nistal,J., Aldasoro, D., Rodriguez, A., Matilla, and G., Nicolas. (1983). Effect of thiourea on the ionic contect and dark fixation of CO2 embryonic axes of Cicer arietinumseed. Plant Physiol, 57 : 273-278.
- Jocelyn, P.C. (1972). Biochemistry of the –SH group: The occurrence, chemical properties, metabolism and biological function of thiols and disulphides. Academic Press, 57, 122.
- Jadav, J S, Virendra Kumar and B D Yadav (2003). Effect of Micronutrients on growth and seed yield of clusterbean. National Symposium on Sustainability, Advancement and Future Thrust Area of Research on Forages held at CCSHAU, Hisar from March 5-6, 2003. Pp:108-09.
- Parihar, C.M., Kaushik, M.K. and Palsaniya, D.R. (2005). Effect of Varieties, Plant density and Phosphorus levels on growth and yield of Cluster bean. Annals of Agriculture Research, New Series 26: 5-7.
- Patel, J.C. and Singh, R.M. 1980. Effect of irrigation, mulching and bioregulators on the production of sunflowers. Indian Journal of Agronomy 25:122-128.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985). Statistical Method for Agricultural Workers, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Salisbury, F.B. and Ross, C.W. (1986). Plant Physiology. CBC Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi.P.206.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.