Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
Bioefficacy of novel insecticides against pod borer, (Helicoverpa armigera Hubner) in pigeonpea
First Online 03-03-2017|
The bio efficacy of some new insecticides and their combinations against pod borer infesting pigeonpea was evaluated at Agronomy farm, RCA, Udaipur using four dosages of Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% @ 150, 200, 250 and 300 ml/ha along with Lambdacyhalothrin 4.9 % CS @ 500 ml / ha, Chlorantraniliprole 18.5% SC @ 162 ml / ha, Profenophos 50 EC @ 1500 ml / ha and Indoxacarb 14.5 SC @ 517 ml / ha. Among the various insecticides, lowest population of larvae with a mean of 3.65, 4.16, 2.25 and 2.16 larvae/10 plants was recorded in Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% at 300 ml/ha as against 35.10, 37.0, 39.55 and 38.47 larvae/10 plants in untreated control during 2011 at 7 and 14 days after first and second spray, respectively which was found at par with Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% at 200, and 250 ml/ha. Similar results were also recorded during 2012 with larval population in the range of 2.10 –7.16/ 10 plants in Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% treated plot @ 200,250 and 300 ml/ha. Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% at 300ml/ha caused highest reduction in pod borer larvae during both the years with a mean reduction of 91.86 and 89.14 per cent during kharif 2011 and 2012, respectively. The seed yield among different treatments ranged from 6.75 to 9.50 and 7.87 to 10.78q/ha against 5.35and 6.45q/ha in untreated control during kharif 2011 and 2012, respectively. The highest seed yield of 9.50 and 10.78 q/ha/ha was recorded in case of spray of Chlorantraniliprole 9.6% + Lambdacyhalothrin 4.6% at 300 ml/ha during kharif 2011 and 2012, respectively.
- Babariya, P.M.; Kabaria, B.B.; Patel, V.N. and Joshi, M.D. (2010). Chemical control of gram pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hub. Infesting pigeon pea. Legume Research. 33: 224–226.
- Bajya, D.R.; Baheti, H. S. and Raza, S. K. (2015). Field efficacy of newer insecticide formulation Ampligo 150 ZC against bollworm complex in cotton. J. Cotton Res. Dev. 29: 94-98
- Dhaka, S. S.; Singh, G.; Ali, N.; Mittal, V. and Singh, D. V. (2011). Efficacy of novel insecticides against pod borer, Etiella zinckenella (Treitschke) in vegetable pea. Crop Research (Hisar). 42: 331-335.
- Dodia, D.A.; Prajapati, B.G.; and Acharya, S. (2009). Efficacy of insecticides against gram pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hardwick, infesting pigeon pea. Journal of Food Legumes. 22: 144-145.
- Henderson C.F. and Tilton E.W. (1955). Tests with acaricides against the brow wheat mite, Journal of Economic Entomology 48: 157-161
- Kumar, A. and Nath, P. (2002). Effect of insecticides on loss in seed mass and yield of pigeonpea by pod borer. International Chickpea and Pigeonpea Newsletter. 10: 50-51.
- Lal, C.; Sharma, S. K. and Chahota, R.K. (1992). Oviposition response of pod fly (Melanagromyza obtusa) on resistant pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) selections. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 64: 658-660.
- Lal, S.S. and Singh, N.B. (1998). In: Proceedings of National Symposium on Management of Biotic and Abiotic Stresses in Pulse Crops. Indian Institute for Pulse Research, Kanpur, India, pp. 65-80.
- Lateef, S. S. and Reed, W. (1983) Review of crop losses caused by insect pests in pigeon pea internationally and in India. In: All India Seminar on Crop Losses due to Insect Pests, 7-9 January, APAU, Hyderabad.
- Mittal, V. and Ujagir, R. (2005). Evaluation of Naturalyte Spinosad against pod borer complex in early pigeon pea. Indian Journal of Plant Protection. 33: 211-215.
- Patel,S. A. and Patel, R. K.(2013). Bio-efficacy of newer insecticides against pod borer complex of pigeonpea [Cajanus cajan(L.) Millspaugh] AGRES – An International e-Journal , Vol. 2, Issue 3: 398-404
- Prajapati, B. G. and Patel, G. M. (2010). Bio-efficacy of certain newer molecules of insecticides against pod borer complex of pigeon pea. J. Arid Legumes, 7: 79-81.
- Sonune, V.R.; Bharodia, R.K.; Jethva, D.M.; Rathod, R.T.; Deshmukh, S.G. (2010) Field efficacy of chemical insecticides against spotted pod borer, Maruca vitrata (Fabricius) infesting blackgram. Legume Research. 33:287
- Ujagir R. (2000). Field efficacy of insecticides against pod borer complex in early pigeon pea, Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp. at Pantnagar, North India. Annals of Plant Protection Sciences. 71: 19-25.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.