Influence of weed management on growth and yield of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) in gangetic plains of West Bengal, India
Citation :- Influence of weed management on growth and yield of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) in gangetic plains of West Bengal, India .Legume Research.2016.(39):274-278
The field experiments were carried out at Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Nadia, West Bengal, India during summer seasons of 2012 and 2013, to study the effect of weed management on growth and yield of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) in gangetic plains of West Bengal. Weed biomass, weed control efficiency as well as the pods plant-1, 100-seed weight, seed yield were significantly affected due to weed control treatments. Treatment receiving hand weeding twice recorded lowest weed biomass (3.44 g m-2) and highest WCE (85.09 %). Highest seed yield (1025 kg ha-1) was also recorded with hand weeding, which was significantly higher over other treatments. The results also showed that oxyfluorfen and chlorimuron-ethyl treatment applied at recommend rate were also effective in reducing the dry weight of weeds. Further the tested herbicides did not have significant effect on the crude protein and oil content in seeds.
- and mandarin fruit yield and quality obtained with organic mulches, synthetics mulches, cultivation, and Glyphosate. Hort. Sci. 3: 795-799.
- Agasimani, C. A., Babalad, H. B. and Hosmani, M. M. (1992). Mechanical and herbicidal weed control in groundnut. Indian J. Weed Sci. 24: 54-58.
- Ahmed, M., Naim, El., Mona Eldouma, A., Elshiekh Ibrahim, A., Moayad, M. and Zaied, B. (2011). Influence of plant spacing and weeds on growth and yield of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L) in rain-fed of Sudan. Adv. Life Sci. 1: 45-48.
- Awodoyin, R. O. and Ogunyemi, S. (2005). Use of sicklepod, Sennaobtusifolia (L.) Irwin and Barneby, as mulch interplant in cayenne pepper (Capsicum frutescens L.) production. Emirate J. Agri. Sci. 17: 10-22.
- Deal, L. M., Reeves, J. T. and Hess, F. D. (1980). Use of in vitro protein synthesizing system to test the mode of action of chloro acetanides. Weed Sci. 28: 334-340.
- El Naim, A. M., Eldoma, M. A. and Abdalla, A. E. (2010). Effect of weeding frequencies and plant density on vegetative growth characteristic of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) in North Kordofan of Sudan. Int. J. Applied Bio. and Pharma. Tec. 1:1188-1193.
- Etejere, E. O., Olayinka, B. U. and Wuraola, A. J. (2013). Comparative economic efficacy of different weed control methods in Groundnut. European J. Bio. Sc.7:10-18.
- Ghosh, D. C. (2000). Weed Management in rain-fed groundnut. India J. Weed Sci. 3:292-93.
- Gnanamurthy, P. and Balasubramaniyam, P. (1995). Weed management practices and their influence on weed growth and yield of groundnut. Pestology. 14: 18-21.
- Ikisan. (2000).Weed Management in Groundnut: http//www.Ikisan.com link/ap cultivation Htm retrieved 12/06/2010.
- Kumar, N. S. (2009). Effect of plant density and weed management practices on production potential of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Indian J. Agri. Res. 43:13-17.
- Kanagam, P. and Chinnamuthu, C. R. (2009). Management of late emerging weeds in irrigated groundnut. Indian J. Weed Sci. 41: 124-132.
- Pallas, J. E. and Samish, Y. B. (1974). Photosynthetic response of groundnut. Crop Sci. 14: 478-482.
- Qasem, J. R. (2006). Chemical weed control in seedbed sown onion (Allium cepa L.). Crop Prot. 25: 618-622.
- Shanwad, U. K., Agasimani, C. A., Aravndkumar, B. N., Shuvamurth, S. D., Surwenshi, A. and Jalageri, B. R. (2011). Integrated weed management (IWM): A long time case study in groundnut –wheat cropping system in Northern Karnataka. Res. J. Agri. Sci. 1: 196-200.
- Sukhadia, N. M., Ramani, B. B., Asodaria, K. B. and Modhwadia, M. M. (1998). Comparative efficacy of pre and post emergence herbicide application in spreading groundnut. Indian J. Weed Sci. 30: 163-167.