Effect of weed control practices on weeds and yield of black gram (Vigna mungo)
Citation :- Effect of weed control practices on weeds and yield of black gram(Vigna mungo) .Legume Research.2015.(38):855-857
Field investigation was carried out during kharif season of 2012 the results showed that unchecked weeds caused a reduction of 66.67% in black gram yield. Two hand weeding at 25 and 50 DAS recorded maximum number of pods /plant, number of seeds /pod, 1000 seeds weight ,seed yield and higher weed control efficiency followed by Imazathapyr+Imazamox (premix) @ 50 g/ha PoE at 20 DAS. Imazathapyr+Imazamox (premix) @ 50 g/ha at PoE 20 DAS registered highest net return and B:C ratio followed by Imazathapyr +Pendimethalin (premix) @ 1000 g/ha PE.
Blackgram weed flora
Integrated weed management
Weed control efficiency.
- Asaduzzaman, M., Sultana, S., Roy, T.S. and Masum, S.M. (2010). Weeding and plant spacing effects on the growth and yield of blackgram. Bangladesh Research Publication Journal, 4: 62–68.
- Begum, G. and Rao, A.S. (2006). Efficacy of herbicides on weeds and relay crop of blackgram. Indian Journal of Weed Science, 38: 143–47.
- Kumar, A. and A.N. Tewari. (2004a). Efficacy of pre- and post-emergence herbicides in summer blackgram (Vigna mungo L.). Indian Journal of Weed Science. 36: 73-75.
- Kumar, Suresh, Angiras, N.N. and Singh, Rupindar (2005). Effect of planting & weed control methods on weed growth and seed yield in Black gram. Indian Journal of Weed Science, 38: 73-76.
- Rao, A.S. and Murthy, K.V.R. (2004). Effect of sequential application of herbicides on nutrient uptake by rice fallow blackgram The Andhra Agriculture Journal, 50: 360–62
- Rathi, J.P.S., Tewari, A.N. and Kumar, M. (2004). Integrated Weed Management in Blackgram (Vigna mungo L.). Indian Journal of Weed Science, 36: 218-220.
- Singh, M. and Singh, R.P. 2010. Influence of crop establishment methods and weed management practices on yield and economics of direct seeded rice (Oryza sativa). Indian Journal of Agronomy, 55: 224–29.
- Velayudham, K. (2007). Economics of practicing integrated weed management in blackgram. Madras Agricultural Journal, 94: 55-60.