Multivariate analysis in green gram [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]
Citation :- Multivariate analysis in green gram [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] .Legume Research.2015.(38):758-762
The present study was undertaken to perform the multivariate analysis in green gram using twenty-one green gram genotypes. The extent of genetic divergence revealed that these genotypes could be grouped into ten and five clusters, following Tochers and non-hierarchical Euclidian clustering methods, respectively. Based on the maximum diversity obtained in Tochers method genotype KM 10-1064 of cluster V and genotypes KM 10-1046, KM 10-1059 and KM 10-1070 of cluster VI were found suitable for improving the plant structure, whereas concerning high diversity along with high trait contribution towards total divergence, the clusters KM 10-1064 of cluster V and KM 10-1042 of cluster VIII were found to be appropriate for hybridization. The genotype KM 10-1068, which represents the mono genotypic cluster in case of both the clustering methods signifies that it could be the most diverse from other genotypes and it would be the suitable candidate for hybridization with genotypes present in other clusters to tailor the agriculturally important traits and ultimately, to enhance the seed yield in green gram.
Principal Component Analysis.
- Abna, F., Golam, F. and Bhassu, S. (2012). Estimation of genetic diversity of mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilczek) in Malaysian tropical environment. African J. Microbio. Res., 6: 1770-1775.
- Arunachalam, V. (1981). Genetic distance in plant. Indian J. Genet., 41: 226-236.
- Gul, R., Khan, H., Mairaj, G. and Ali, S., Farhatullah, Ikramullah. (2008). Correlation study on morphological and yield parameters of mungbean (Vigna radiata). Sarhad J. Agric., 24: 37-42.
- Jayamani, P. and Sathya, M. (2013). Genetic diversity in pod characters of blackgram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper). Legume Res., 36: 220-223.
- Karuppanapandian, T., Karuppudurai, T., Sinha, P.B., Kamarul, H.A and Monoharan, K. (2006). Genetic diversity in greengram [Vigna radiata (L.)] landraces analysed by using random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD). African J. Biotech., 5 (13): 1214-1219.
- Lavanya, G.R., Srivastava, J., Ranade, S.A. (2008). Molecular assessment of genetic diversity in mung bean germplasm. J. Genetics, 87: 65-74.
- Lavanya, G.R. and Toms, B. (2009). Association and inter-relationship among yield contributing characters in mungbean. J. Food Leg., 22: 65-67.
- Rahman, M.M. and Al-Mansur, M. A. Z. (2009). Genetic diversity analysis of lime. J. Bangladesh Agric. Univ. 7: 33-37.
- Rajan, R.E., Wilson, D. and Kumar, V. (2001). Correlation and path analysis in F2 generation of green gram. Madras Agric. J., 87: 590-593.
- Singh, I.S., Singh, B.D., Singh, R.P. and Singh, K.K. (1988). Inter relationship of yield and its components in F3 progenies of a cross in mungbean. Crop Improve., 15: 146-150.