Growth, yield attributes and yield of medium duration pigeonpea hybrid ICPH-2671 as influenced by fertility levels and planting geometry
Citation :- Growth, yield attributes and yield of medium duration pigeonpea hybrid ICPH-2671 as influenced by fertility levels and planting geometry .Legume Research.2015.(38):816-820
A field experiment was conducted during Kharif season 2009 to study the response of hybrid pigeonpea to planting geometry and fertility levels. The results revealed that the hybrid pigeonpea ICPH-2671 recorded significantly higher grain yield
(2.40 tha-1) as compared to cv. Maruti (1.68 t ha-1) and the magnitude of increase was 41.7 % higher. The yield parameters like grain weight plant-1, number of pods plant-1 and growth parameters like number of primary and secondary branches plant-1, LAI and dry matter production and its distribution were higher with hybrid pigeonpea ICPH-2671 compared to variety Maruti. Significant differences were observed among the plant geometry and fertility levels and their interactions with respect to growth and yield parameters. The plant geometry of 90 cm x 45 cm recorded significantly higher grain yield (2.57 t ha-1) as compared to closer geometry of 60 cm x 30 cm (2.19 t ha-1). The fertility level of 50: 100 N, P kg ha-1 resulted in significantly higher grain yield (2.57 t ha-1) as compared to lower fertility level of 25:50 N, P Kg ha-1 (2.23 t ha-1).
- Govt. of India, (2012) Agricultural Statistics at a Glance, Directorate of Agriculture and Cooperation.Government of India, New Delhi
- Nene, Y. L. and Sheila, V. K., (1990) Pigeonpea: Geography and Importance In: The pigeonpea Nene Y. l., Susan D. Hall and Sheila V. K. (ed). ICRISAT, p. 69.
- Pavan, A.S., Nagalikar, V.P,Pujari, B.T.and Halepyati A.S.. (2011) Influence of plant geometry on the growth characters, seed yield and economics of transplanted pigeonpea.Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 24: 390-392
- Saritha, K.S.; Pujari, B.T; Basavarajappa, R.; Naik, M.K.; Ramesh Babu and Desai, B.K. (2012) Effect of irrigation, nutrient and planting geometry on yield, yield attributes and economics of pigeonpea. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 25: 131-133.
- Sathe, H.D. and Patil, D.B.(2012a) Effect of plant geometry and phosphate management on quality and economics of semi arid pigeonpea. Crop Research 44: 335-337.
- Sathe, H.D. and Patil, D.B.(2012b) Effect of plant geometry and phosphate management on growth and growth attributes of semi arid pigeonpea. Crop Research 44: 331-334.
- Sathe, H.D., Khawale, V.S.,Patil, D.B. and Chavan, N.H. (2011) Effect of plant geometry and phosphate management on yield attributes and phosphorus uptake of semi rabi pigeonpea. Journal of Soils and Crops. 21:139-142.
- Tuppad, G.B.; Koppalkar, B.G.; Halepyati A.S. and Desai, B.K.(2012) Yield and economics of pigeonpea as influenced by planting geometry under rainfed condition. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 25:179-182.