Screening of horsegram germplasm collected from Andhra Pradesh against anthracnose
Citation :- Screening of horsegram germplasm collected from Andhra Pradeshagainst anthracnose .Legume Research-An International Journal.2015.(38):753-757
Twenty-one (21) diverse horsegram accessions collected from various parts of Andhra Pradesh state were screened in greenhouse along with four check varieties against Colletotrichum dematium, causal agent of anthracnose disease. Based on Per cent disease index (PDI), one accession, IC470275 was identified as immune and the remaining accessions were either moderately resistant or susceptible. Grid maps generated using DIVA-GIS indicated the areas with highest Shannon diversity index for PDI and highest coefficient of variation recorded for horsegram accessions collected from Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The results also indicated that diverse accessions for reaction against C. dematium can be sourced from Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Anitha K., Sunil N., Sivaraj N., Chakrabarty S.K., Babu Abraham, Viond Kumar, Suresh Kumar G., Varaprasad K.S. and Khetarpal R.K. (2010). Spatial distribution of seedborne fungi on Pongamia pinnata: A DIVA-GIS analysis with reference to Macrophomina phaseolina. Indian J. Plant Prot. 38: 67-72.
- Babu Abraham, KamalaV., Sivaraj N., Sunil N., Pandravada S.R., Vanaja M. and Varaprasad K.S. (2010). DIVA-GIS approaches for diversity assessment of pod characteristics in blackgram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper). Curr. Sci. 98: 616-619.
- Bansal R.D. and Grover R.K. (1969). Reaction of chilli (Capsicum fruitescens) varieties to Colletotrichum capsici. Journal of Research, Punjab Agricultural University 6: 345-348.
- Bharadwaj C.L. and Singh BM (1986). Strain variation in Colletotrichum dematium f.sp. truncatum from four leguminous hosts. Indian J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol. 16: 139-141.
- Brink M. and Belay G. (2006). Macrotyloma uniflorum (Lam.) Verdc. In: Brink, M. & Belay, G. (Editors). PROTA 1: Cereals and pulses/Céréales et légumes secs. [CD-Rom]. PROTA, Wageningen, Netherlands.
- Chahota R.K., Sharma T.R., Dhiman K.C. and Kishore N. (2005). Characterization and evaluation of Horsegram (Macrotyloma uniflorum Roxb.) germplasm from Himachal Pradesh. Indian J. Plant Genet. Resour. 18: 221-223.
- Jones P.G., Beebe S.E., Tohme J. and Galway N.W. (1997). The use of geographical information systems in biodiversity exploration and conservation. Biodiv. Conserv. 6: 947-958.
- Murthy R. (1997). Studies on seed borne aspects and control of anthracnose of horsegram (Macrotyloma uniflorum) caused by Colletotrichum dematium (Pers. ex. Fr.) Groove. M. Sc. Thesis, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Prashanthi G., Satish Kumar D., Harani A., Rao KNV and David B. (2011). A Medicinal potency of Macrotyloma uniflorum (Lam.)Verdc. Inventi Rapid: Ethnopharmacology. December 2012. http://www.inventi.in
- Rajan Sharma and Kaushal R.P. (1999). Characterization of pathogenic variability in Colletotrichum truncatum in Himachal Pradesh. Indian Phytopathol. 52: 389-392.
- Rangaswami K.T., Anilkumar T.B. and Yadahally Y.H. (1991). Seed health of horsegram in relation to dates of sowing. Plant Protect. Bull. 43: 3-4.
- Saharan G.S. (1979). Seed mycoflora of horsegram (Dolichos biflorus L.) Indian Phytopathol. 32: 138-140.
- Schmit V. and Baudoin J.P. (1992). Screening for resistance to Ascochyta blight in populations of Phaseolus coccineus L. and P. polyanthus Greenman. Field Crop Res. 30: 155-165.
- Sharma A.D. (1976). Two new diseases of Dolichos biflorus in India. Indian J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol. 7: 10-12.
- Sivaraj N., Sunil N., Pandravada S.R., Kamala V., Vinod Kumar, Babu Abraham, Rao BVSK, Prasad RBN and Varaprasad K.S. (2012). Variability in linseed (Linum usitatissimum) germplasm collections from peninsular India with special reference to seed traits and fatty acid composition. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 82: 102 - 105.
- Sivaraj N., Sunil N., Pandravada S.R., Kamala V., Rao BVSK, Prasad RBN, Nayar E.R., Joseph John K., Abraham Z. and Varaprasad K.S. (2010). Fatty acid composition in seeds of Jack bean [Canavalia ensiformis (L.) DC] and Sword bean [Canavalia gladiata Jacq.)DC] germplasm from South India: A DIVA-GIS analysis. Seed Technol. 32(1): 46-53.
- SMIS (2011). National informatics centre, Agricultural informatics division. Seed Management Information System (SMIS), Seed Net India Portal. September, 2011. http://www.smis.dacnet.nic.in
- Sunil N., Sivaraj N., Pandravada S.R., Kamala V., Raghuram Reddy P. and Varaprasad K.S. (2008) Genetic and geographical divergence in horsegram germplasm from Andhra Pradesh, India. Pl. Genet. Resour. Characterization and Utilization 7: 84-87.
- Utpala P., George J.K., Saji K.V., Srinivasan V., Madan M.S., Prem Nath Mathur and Parthasarathy VA (2006). Spatial analysis for Piper species distribution in India. Pl. Genet. Resour. Newslet. 147: 1-5.
- Varaprasad K.S., Sivaraj N., Pandravada S.R., Kamala V. and Sunil N. (2008). GIS mapping of Agrobiodiversity in Andhra Pradesh. Proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences. Special issue on Plant wealth of Andhra Pradesh. Pp 24-33.