Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
RAPD BASED EVALUATION OF GENETIC DIVERSITY IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.) GENOTYPES
First Online |
- Amadou, H.I., Bebeli, P.J. and Kalsikes, P.J. (2001). Genetic diversity in bambara groundnut (Vigna subterranean L.) germplasm revealed by RAPD markers. Genome, 44: 995-999.
- Bhagwat, A., Krishna, T.G. and Bhatia, C.R. (1997). RAPD analysis of induced mutants of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Journal of Genetic, 76(3): 201-208.
- Doyle, J.J. and Doyle, J.L. (1990). Isolation of plant DNA from fresh tissue. Focus, 12: 13-15.
- Dwivedi, S.L., Gurtu, S., Charndra, S., Yuejin, W. and Nigam, S.N. (2001). Assessment of genetic diversity among selected groundnut germplasm RAPD analysis. Plant Breeding, 120: 345-349.
- FAO. (2009). Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nation, FAO Statistical Database http://faostat.fao.org/ faostat/collections? subset=agriculture.
- Garcia, G.M., Stalker, H.T., Schroeder, E., Lyerly, J.H. and Kochert, G. (2005). A RAPD-based linkage map of peanut based on a backcross population between the two diploid species Arachis stenosperma and A. cardenasii. Peanut Sciences, 32: 1-8.
- Gupta, P.K., Kumar, J., Mir, R.R. and Kumar, A. (2010). Marker-assisted selection as a component of conventional plant breeding. Plant Breed. Rev., 33:14–21.
- Jaccard, P. (1908). Nouvelles researcherches sur la distribution florale. Bulletin Societe Vaudoise des Sciences Natulelles, 44: 233-270.
- Kumari, V., Gowda, M.V.C. and Bhat, R. (2009). Molecular characterization of induced mutants in groundnut using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA markers. Karnataka Journal of Agriculture Science, 22: 276-279.
- Reddy, K. (2004). RAPD based diversity among released cultivars and advanced breeding lines in groundnut (A. hypogaea L.). 3rd International Conference for Groundnut Genomics and Biotechnology on Advances in Arachis through Genomics and Biotechnology, 4-8 November. ICRISAT, Hyderabad (AP), India.
- Rohlf, F.J. (2004). NTSYS-pc: Numerical Taxonomy and Multivariate Analysis System, version 2.02h, Exeter Software, New York.
- Rungnoi, O., Suwanprasert, J., Somta, P. and Srinives, P. (2012). Molecular genetic diversity of bambara groundnut (Vigna subterranea L. Verdc.) revealed by RAPD and ISSR marker analysis. SABRAO Journal of Breeding and Genetics, 44 (1): 87-101.
- Sneath, P.H.A. and Sokal, R.R. (1973). Numerical taxonomy: The principle and practice of numerical classification. W.F. Freeman & CO; San Francisco. pp. 573.
- Subramanian, V., Gurtu, S., Rao, R.C.N. and Nigam, S.N. (2000). Identification of DNA polymorphism in cultivated groundnut using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) assay. Genome, 43: 656-680.
- Varshney, R.K., Graner, A. and Sorrells, M.E. (2005a). Genomics-assisted breeding for crop improvement. Trends Plant Sci, 10: 621–630.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.