ASSESSMENT OF TECHNOLOGY GAP AND RODUCTIVITY GAIN THROUGH FRONT LINE DEMONSTRATION IN CHICKPEA
Citation :- ASSESSMENT OF TECHNOLOGY GAP AND RODUCTIVITY GAIN THROUGH FRONT LINE DEMONSTRATION IN CHICKPEA.Legume Research-An International Journal.2014.(37):430-433
Total 60 Front Line Demonstrations on chickpea variety RSG-888 were conducted at farmers’ fields in district Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan) during two consecutive rabi seasons 2010-11 and 2011-12. On overall average basis, 21.60 % higher grain yield was recorded under demonstrations than the farmers traditional practices (check). The extension gap, technology gap and technology index were 335 kg per ha, 630 kg per ha and 25.20 %, respectively. An additional investments of Rs. 2650 per ha coupled with scientific monitoring of demonstrations and non-monetary factors resulted in additional return of Rs. 8505 per ha. Fluctuating minimum support price of chickpea during both the study years influenced the economic returns per unit area. On two years average basis incremental benefit: cost ratio was found as 3.09.
- Anonymous (2009-10). Rajasthan Agricultural Statitics. Commissionarate of Agriculture, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Anonymous (2010). Agricultural Statistics at a Glance. Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, New Delhi.
- Gupta, S.; Kumar, S. and Chander, C. (2004). Dalhan utpadan mein atam nirbhar kaise bane. Unnat Krishi.43: 10-13.
- Lathwal, O.P. (2010). Evaluation of front line demonstrations on black gram in irrigated agro ecosystem. Annals Agril. Res. 31(1&2):24-27.
- Singh, R.K.; Gaur, R.B.;Verma, R.S. and Yadava, D.K. (2000). Evaluation of front line demonstrations to identify adoption gaps in chickpea production in irrigated conditions of Sriganganagar district. Indian J. Pulses Res. 13: 28-30
- Singh, R.K.;Gaur, R.B.;Verma, R.S.;Yadava, D.K.; Singh, V. and Prakash, V. (2002). Evaluating gaps in transfer of technology in Chickpea front line demonstrations in semi-arid region of Rajasthan. Haryana J. Agron. 18(1&2): 110-114.
- Thakral, S.K. and Bhatnagar, P. (2002). Evaluation of frontline demonstration on chickpea in North-Western region of Haryana. Agril. Sci. Digest. 22: 217-218.
- Yadav, D.B.; Kamboj, B.K. and Garg, R.B. (2004). Increasing the productivity and profitability of sunflower through front line demonstrations in irrigated agro ecosystem of eastern Haryana. Haryana J. Agron. 20(1&2): 33-35.
- Yadav, V.P.S. and Kumar, R. (2007). Boosting pulse production through Front line demonstration- An innovative technology. Agri. Ext Revi. July-Dec.2007: 31-34.