Chief EditorJ. S. Sandhu
Print ISSN 0250-5371
Online ISSN 0976-0571
NAAS Rating 6.67
Impact Factor 0.8 (2023)
CONTROL OF COLLETOTRICHUM TRUNCATUM CAUSING ANTHRACNOSE / POD BLIGHT OF SOYBEAN BY AQUEOUS LEAF EXTRACTS AND BIOCONTROL AGENTS
First Online |
- Anonymous (1999). Integrated pest management of oilseed crops. 5 : 195-222.
- Anonymous (2011). Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Department of Agriculture and Cooperation., India.
- Barros, S.T., Oliveira, N.T. and Bastos, S.T.G. (1995). Trichoderma spp. in the biological control of Colletotrichum lindemuthianum, causal agent of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) anthracnose. Bulletin Mycologia. 10 ( 1 / 2 ) : 5-11.
- Bhatnagar, P.S. (1997). An overview of soybean in India strategies for augmenting productivity and production with special reference to combating soybean rust, in : Global focus on soybean and crop outlook for India. Soybean Kharif, 1997-98. SOPA, Indore.
- Chandrasekaran, A. and Rajappan, K. (2002). Effect of plant extracts, antagonists and chemicals (individual and combined) on foliar anthracnose and pod blight of soybean. J. Mycol. Pl. Patho., 32 (1) : 25-27.
- Dennis, C. and Webster, J. (1971). Antagonistic properties of species groups of Trichoderma II. Production of volatile antibiotics. Trans. British Mycol. Sac. 57: 41-48.
- Deshmukh, P. P. and Raut, J. G. (1992). Antagonism by Trichoderma spp. on five plant pathogenic fungi. New Agriculturist, 3: 127-130.
- Devis, D., Beena, S., Salley, K. and Mathew. (2003). In-vitro evaluation of chemicals, plant extracts and microbial antagonists against Cercospora cocciniae, the incitant of leaf spot disease of Ivy gourd. J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol. 33 (3) : 474.
- Gawade, D.B., Suryawanshi, A.P., Zagade, S.N., Wadje A.G. and Zape A.S. (2009). In vitro evaluation of fungicides, botanicals and bioagents against soybean anthracnose incited by Colletotrichum truncatum. Internat. J. Pl. Protect., 2(1): 103-107.
- George, A.P., Rani, S.V. and Sivam, S.M. (2003). In vitro effect of some plant extracts against chilli anthracnose. Indian Phytopath. 56 (3) : 317.
- Godtfredsen, W.O. and Vagedal, S. (1965). Trichodermin, a new sesquiterpene antibiotic. Acta Chemical Scandinavica, 19: 1088-1102.
- Gomathi, V. and Kannabiran, B. (2000). Inhibitory effects of leaf extracts of some plants on the anthracnose fungi infecting Capsicum annum. Indian Phytopath. 53 (3) : 305-308.
- Gorawar, M.M., Hedge, V.R. and Kulkarni, S. (2006). Biology and management of leaf spot of turmeric caused by Colletotrichum capsici. J. Pl. Dis. Sci., 1 (2) : 156-158.
- Ingle, Y.V., Ingle, R.W. and Jamdade, S.R. (2002). In-vitro studies on leaf spot of Turmeric caused by C. capsici (Syd.). Pl. Dis. Res.17 (1): 217.
- Jeyalakshmi, C., Durairaj, P., Seetharaman, K. and Sivaprakasam, K. (1998). Biocontrol of fruit rot and die-back of chilli using antagonistic microorganisms. Indian Phytopath. 51 (2): 180- 183.
- Kaur, M., Sharma, O.P. and Sharma, P.N. (2006). In vitro effect of Trichoderma species on C. capsici causing fruit rot of chilli. Indian Phytopath. 59 (2) : 243-245.
- Khan, M. and Sinclair, J.B. (1992). Pathogenicity of Sclerotia and non-sclerotia forming isolates of C. truncatum on soybean plants and roots. Phytopath. 82 (3) : 314-319.
- Kumar, S and Kaushik, N. (2013) Endophytic Fungi Isolated from Oil-Seed Crop Jatropha curcas Produces Oil and Exhibit Antifungal Activity. PLoS ONE 8(2): e56202. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0056202
- Mittal, R.K., Prakash, Ved and Koranne, K.D. (1993). Package of practices for the cultivation of pulses in the hills of the Uttar Pradesh. Indian Farming. 42 (10) : 3-5.
- Nene, Y.L. and Thaplyal, P.N. (1993). Evaluation of fungicides. In : Fungicides in Plant Disease Control (3rd ed.) Oxford, IBH Publishing Co., New Delhi. pp.331.
- Pandit, D. and Kaushal, R.P. (2011). In vitro evaluation of botanicals against Colletotrichum truncatum. Pl. Dis. Res. 26(2): 179-180.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Patel, K.D. and Joshi, K.R. (2001). Antogonistic effect of some bioagents in vitro against Colletotrichum gloeosporioides Penz. & Sacc. the causal agent of leaf spot of turmeric. J. Mycol. Pl. Path.,31: 126.
- Pyke, T.R. and Dictz, A. (1960). U-Zh-963, A new antibiotic I. Discovery and biological activity. Appl. Microbio., 14: 506-510.
- Raheja S. and Thakore B.B.L. (2002). Effect of the physical factors, plant extracts and bioagents on Colletotrichum gloeosporioides, causing anthracnose in Yam. J. Mycol. Pl. Pathol. 32 (2): 282.
- Rangarajulu, K., Gomathi, V. and Kannabiran, B. (2003). Fungitoxic effect of root extracts of certain plant species on C.capsici, causing anthracnose in Capsicum annuum. Indian Phytopath. 56 (1): 114-116
- Rao, C.H. and Narayana, Y.D. (2005). In vitro evaluation of fungicides, plant extracts and biocontrol agents against C. dematum (Pers. Ex. Fr.) Grove the causal organism of chickpea (Cicer arietenum L.) blight. In national symposium on crop disease management in dry land Agril. and 57th Annual meeting IPS, Jan. 12-14, 2005, MAU, Parbhani.
- Robinson, P.M. and Park, D. (1966). Volatile inhibitor of spore germination produced by Taagi. Trans. British Mycol. Scoi.,49: 639-649.
- Santha Kumari, P. (2002). Biocontrol of anthracnose of black pepper. J. Mycol. Pl. Path., 32: 358.
- Sinclair, J.B. (1992). Discoloration of soybean seeds an indicator of quality. Pl. Dis. 76 (11) : 1087-1091.
- Swamy, B.S. and Kulkarni, S. (2003). In vitro evaluation of fungicides and botanicals against Colletotrichum capsici (Syd) causing leaf spot of turmeric. Indian Phytopath. 56 (3) : 339.
- Vincent, J.M. (1927). Distortion of fungal hyphae in presence of certain inhibitors. Nature, 159:850.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.