ESTIMATION OF YIELD LOSSES BY POD BORER COMPLEX IN GREENGRAM
Citation :- ESTIMATION OF YIELD LOSSES BY POD BORER COMPLEX IN GREENGRAM.Legume Research.2011.(34):308-310
Investigations were carried out to evaluate the yield losses caused by pod borer complex on greengram during kharif, 2008 at College Farm, Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh. The results revealed that lower larval population of pod borers was observed in protected plots than unprotected plots. Significantly minimum pod damage (12.94%) and grain damage (9.47%) were recorded from protected plots. By providing protection with the endosulfan 0.07 % and monocrotophos 0.04 % alternatively at weekly intervals starting from flowering stage to the pod maturity stage of the crop, 513.67 kg/ha grain yield and 36.41 % avoidable yield loss can be saved.
Pod borer complex.
- Anonymous (2007). “Agricultural Statistics at a Glance 2008”, Web site (www.agri.gujarat.gov.in) of Directorate of Agriculture, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar, pp.3.
- Chhabra, K. S. and Kooner, B. S. (1985), Problem of flower shedding caused by thrips, Megalurothrips distalis (Karny) on Summer Mungbean, vigna radiata (L). Wilczek and its control. Tropical Pest Management, 31(3): 186 - 188.
- Manohar, S and Balasubramaniam, M. (1984). Efficacy of carbosulfan seed treatment for the control of pod borer of blackgram, Vigna mungo (L) Hepper. Pesticides, 18(10): 57-58.
- Virani, V. R. (2000). Population dynamics, varietal screening and chemical control of insect pest complex of blackgram, Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper. Ph. D. Thesis submitted to the Gujarat Agricultural University, Sardar Krushinagar, pp. 183.
- Yadav, L. S. and Yadav, P. R. (1979). Yield loss due to insect pests in blackgram. Military Farm J., 2: 17-19.