GENOTYPE X ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION FOR GRAIN YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN REDGRAM [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp]
Citation :- GENOTYPE X ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION FOR GRAIN YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN REDGRAM [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp].Legume Research.2011.(34):288 - 291
Ten redgram genotypes were evaluated for their yield performance during three years (2007-2010) under rainfed conditions. The experiment was laidout in randomized block design with three replications. Significant genotypic differences for yield and yield components characters were observed. Significant genotype-environment interaction indicated differential responses of the genotypes to the environmental changes. The stability analysis was carried out, which showed significant linear component of variation for all the traits including yield. The genotype LRG 41 was most stable which showed higher grain yield, number of pods/plant and 100-seed weight, whereas PRG 158 was found stable for number of branches/plant and ICPL 85063 for plant height.
- Eberhart, S. A. and Russel, W. A. (1966). Stability parameters for comparing
- varieties. Crop Sci., 6: 36 – 40.
- Kachanur, P. H.; Tembhurne, B. V. and Amaregouda Patil. (2008). Stability analysis
- for yield and yield contributing traits in early pigeonpea under irrigated
- condition. Legume Res. 31:4 276 - 279.
- Mahto, R. N.; Yadava, M. S. and Mohan, K. M.(2005). G x E interaction in pigeonpea
- under rainfed condition. Indian J. Dryland Agric. Res. and Development. 20 : 2 110 - 113.
- Patel, M.P.; Tikka, S.B.S.; Prajapati, B.H. and Patel, G.S.(2005). Stability analysis for seed yield of pigeonpea parents and their hybrids. Indian J. Pulses Res. 18 : 2 158 – 160.
- Patel, P.T.; Chauhan, R. M.; Parmar ,L.D. and Tikka, S.B.S. (2009). Phenotypic
- stability of yield related traits in pigeonpea. Legume Res. 32 : 4 235 – 239.
- Phad, D. S.; Madrap, I. A. and Dalvi, V. A. (2005). Studies on G x E interaction and
- stability in pigeonpea. Indian J. Pulses Res. 18 : 2 156 – 167.
- Rao, Y. K.; Reddy, M. V. and Rao, C. M.(2007). Stability for seed yield in pigeonpea.
- J. Food Legume. 20 : 2 207 - 208.
- Thanki, H. P.; Pithia, M. S. and Mehta, D. R.(2007). Stability analysis for seed yield
- and its components in pigeonpea. National J. Pl. Imp. 9 : 2 103 – 105.