GENETIC DIVERSITY OF HORSEGRAM GERMPLASMS
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERSITY OF HORSEGRAM GERMPLASMS.Legume Research-An International Journal.2005.(28):166 - 171
Horsegram germplasms were collected from different parts of Eastern India. The genetic divergence among 50 accessions was estimated following Mahalanobis‘ D2 technique and canonical analysis. The genotypes formed 10 different Clusters. Close correspondence in cluster composition was found between D2 and canonical analysis. No relationship was found between genetic divergence and geographic origin in the formation of clusters. Wide variability among the germplasms were found. flowering duration, seed yield per plant 100 seed weight, soluble protein percentage and days to flowering were the major contributors to divergence. Suggestion has been made for selection of parents in hybridization programme.
- Anderson, T.W. (1958). Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis. John Wiley and Sons.
- Bhatt. G.M.(1973). Aust. J. Agric. Res., 24: 257-464
- Choudhury, G.P. et a/. (1999). Indian J. Pulses Res.. 12(2): 251-253
- Dasgupta, T. and Das, PK (1984). Indian J. Genet. 44(2): 243-247.
- Dasgupta. T. and Das, PK (1991). Indian J. Agric. Res.. 25(1): 7-13.
- Dasgupta, T. and Singh, M. (2003). ICPN (ICRISAT), 10: 38-41.
- Rao, C.R. (1952). Advanced Statistical Method in Biometrical Research. John Wiley and Sons. New York
- Thombre, B.B. et a/. (2000). Indian J. Agric. Res.. 34(2): 126-129.