INFLUENCE OF GROWTH REGULATORS ON DRY MATTER PRODUCTION DISTRIBUTION AND SHELLING PRECENTAGE IN DETERMINATE AND SEMIDETERMINATE SOYBEAN GENOTYPES
Citation :- INFLUENCE OF GROWTH REGULATORS ON DRY MATTER PRODUCTION DISTRIBUTION AND SHELLING PRECENTAGE IN DETERMINATE AND SEMIDETERMINATE SOYBEAN GENOTYPES.Legume Research.2006.(29):191 - 195
Experiment was conducted to study the effect of foliar application of growth regulators on total dry matter production, distribution towards reproductive parts, biomass duration (BMD) and shelling per cent in two soybean genotypes JS-335 (determinate) and MACS-124 (semideterminate). The growth regulator treatments increased total dry matter production and BMD in both determinate and semideterminate soybean genotypes. The application of growth retandants, TIBA, mepiquat chloride and cycocel were more beneficial in terms of translocation of photoassimilates towards developing reproductive parts as compared to growth promoter kinetin and control. The genotype JS-335 recorded significantly higher percentage of dry weight of reproductive parts and higher shelling percentage as compared to the genotype MACS-124 which was mainly due to its determinate growth habit.
- Castro, P.R.C. and Moreas, R.S. (1980). Luiz de Queiroz., 37: 795-803.
- Chandrababu, R. et al. (1995). Madras Agric. J., 82: 229-230.
- Deotale, R.D. et al. (1995). J. Soil Crops, 5: 172-176.
- Goswami, B.K. and Srivastava, G.C. (1987). Indian J. PI. Physiol., 30(4): 337-343.
- Grossman, K. (1990). Physiol. PI., 78: 642-648.
- Gu-WeiHong and Gu, W.H. (1998). Acta-Agriculturae-Shanghai, 2: 45-50.
- Koti, R.V. (1997). Ph.D. Thesis. Univ. Agric. Science, Dharwad, India.
- Kulkarni, S.S. (1993). M.Sc. Thesis. Univ. Agric. Science, Dharwad, India.
- Mayers et al. (1991). Aust. J. Agric. Res., 42: 517-530.
- Morandi et al. (1983). Phyton Argentina., 43: 35-44.
- Pando, S.B. and Srivastava, G.C. (1985). Indian J. PI. Physiol., 28(1): 72-80.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1967). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR, New Delhi, pp. 167-174.
- Rafique-uddin, M. (1984). Legume Res., 7: 43-47.
- Ravichandran, V.K. et al. (1992). Haryana J. Agron., 8: 166-168.
- Ravichandran, V.K. and Ramaswami, C. (1991). Indian J. Pl. Physiol., 34: 80-83.
- Reena Tagade et al. (1998). J. Soils Crops, 8: 172-175.
- Sharma, K. and Walia, N. (1996). Environ. Ecol., 14: 307-310.
- Sheetvanter, M.N. and Patil, S.V. (1988). J. Farm. Systems, 4: 10-13.