EVALUATION OF MUNGBEAN ADVANCE LINES FOR YIELD AND PERFORMANCE UNDER ALLAHABAD AGRO-CLIMATIC CONDITIONS
Citation :- EVALUATION OF MUNGBEAN ADVANCE LINES FOR YIELD AND PERFORMANCE UNDER ALLAHABAD AGRO-CLIMATIC CONDITIONS.Legume Research.2006.(29):130 - 133
To study the performance of mungbean lines, an experiment was conducted from July to November 2003. Sixteen genotypes including two checks were tested for yield and other agronomic traits in a randomized block design with three replications. The lines WGG-37, ORM-1 and COGG-2 gave high yields at 970.8 kg/ha, 950.0 kg/ha and 845.8 kg/ha respectively. Most of the lines exhibited improved seed size (74–79 g) compared with the checks (60–71 g). A significant difference in pods/plant and grain yield was observed.
- Ahmed, Z.U. et al. (1981). Bangladesh J. Agric. Sci., 8: 31.
- Agarwal, V.D. and Singh, T.P. (1973). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 9: 845.
- Al-Jibouri, H.A. et al. (1958). Agron. J., 50: 633.
- Giriraj, K. and Vilayakumar, S. (1974). Indian J. Genet., 34: 27.
- Giriraj, K. and Vilayakumar, S. (1979). Indian J. Genet. 39: 37.
- Gupta, M.P. and Singh, R.B. (1969). Indian J. Agric. Sci., 39: 411-420.
- Kau, R.H. and Madhava, M.P. (1972). Indian J. Genet., 32: 276-280.
- Singh, K.B. and Mehndiratta, P.D. (1969). Indian J. Genet., 29: 109.