HETEROSIS FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL AND YIELD TRAITS IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.)
Citation :- HETEROSIS FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL AND YIELD TRAITS IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.).Legume Research.2007.(30):250 - 255
A set of 28 crosses involving 8 parents was studied to get information on the extent of heterosis overbetter parent, mid parent and standard parent for physiological and yield attributes. The maximum better parent heterosis for pod yield per plant was observed to be 62.63% and that of standard parent and mid parent found to be 72.92% and 66.43% respectively. The crosses showing heterosis for pod yield per plant were not heterotic for all the characters. K-134 × JUG-43, K-134 × JL-24, JAL-6 × JL-24 and JUG-37 × JL-24 hybrids were identified as promising for many desirable traits and they may be useful in exploiting hybrid vigour in groundnut.
- Dwivedi, S.L. et al. (1998). Ann. Appl. Biol. 133: 237-244.
- Jayalakshmi,V. et al. (2000). Legume Res. 23: 102-105.
- Manivel,P. et al.,(2003). J. Oilseeds Res. 20:116-117.
- Mothilal Nallathambi, G. and Sankara Pandian, R.(2004). In:. National Symposium “ Enhancing Productivity of
- Groundnut for Sustaining Food and Nutritional Security” at NRCG , Junagadh, pp.7-8.
- Pallas,J.E.(1982). Peanut Sci. 9 :14-17.
- Parmar, D.L. et al. (2004). In: National Symposium “ Enhancing Productivity of Groundnut for Sustaining Food and Nutritional Security” at NRCG , Junagadh, pp.15-16.
- Rudraswamy, P. et al,. (1999) L.). Mysore J. Agric. Sci. 33(2): 248-252.
- Varman, P. V. ( 2000). Madras Agric. J. 87(6-9): 462-466.
- Varman, P. V. and Raveendran, T.S.(1994) Madras Agric. J. 87(6-9):529-532.
- Vasanthi, R. P. and Raja Reddy, C.( 2002). J. Res. ANGRAU. 30(2): 137-142.