PERCEPTION OF GROUNDNUT GROWERS ABOUT USEFULNESS OF SEED VILLAGE SCHEME
Citation :- PERCEPTION OF GROUNDNUT GROWERS ABOUT USEFULNESS OF SEED VILLAGE SCHEME.Legume Research.2008.(31):136 - 138
The Study was conducted in Pavagada taluk of Tumkur district based on highest area under
Groundnut and implementation of seed village scheme .Three compact areas with 50 farmers from
each, 40 farmers were randomly selected making a total sample of 120. Hundred per cent of farmers
perceived as more useful about compact area approach to identify the areas/villages and training at
different stages of crop for three days. Great majority of farmers perceived as useful on assistance
for a period of two years (90.83%), followed by identification of new compact area after two years
(84.17%), and farmers can take up programme independently after two years (81.67%). Majority of farmers perceived as less useful on assistance for seed storage bin (64.17%) and supply of seeds at 50 per cent of cost for half acre/farmer (55.83%). Out of nine characteristics considered, only six exhibited positive and significant relationship with their perception about usefulness of seed village scheme. It is inferred that seeds and seed storage bin need to be supplied at free of cost and also consider the personal characteristics of the farmer for effective implementation of the scheme
- Anonymous.(2005).Annual Report, AICRP on Groundnut, Agricultural Research Station, Chintamani. UAS, Bangalore. Pp. 25.
- Balasubramanian, S. and Perumal,G. (1989). Indian J. Ext. Edu, 25 ( 3&4) : 8-15.
- Dikle, R.N. et al (1992). . Maharashtra J. Ext. Edu, 11: 235-256.
- Kale., B.P.and Khuspe, T.S.(1982). Maharashtra J. Ext .Edu, 1: 33-36.
- Padmaiah, M. and Ansari, M.R. (1997). J. Ext. Edu ( TNAU), 8(5): 1615.
- Sawant, B.N.( 2001). Ph.D. Thesis, Gujarat Agric. Univ., Navasari, India
- Venkatareddy, D.M. (1996). Seed Production in Agricultural Crops .National Seed Project.UAS, Bangalore. Pp.291.