GENETIC DIVERSITY ANALYSIS AMONG RELEASED AND PRE-RELEASE CULTURES IN GROUNDNUT
Citation :- GENETIC DIVERSITY ANALYSIS AMONG RELEASED AND PRE-RELEASE CULTURES IN GROUNDNUT.Legume Research.2013.(36):208-213
Diversity analysis among released/prerelease groundnut cultures was carried out to assess the genetic relationship which helps in the documentation of the differences in the context of intellectual property rights and to identify diverse parents for use in hybridization programme for improvement of yield and other desirable traits i.e. drought resistance and foliar disease resistance etc.. Twenty-nine released and pre-release groundnut genotypes were grown during kharif season with protective irrigation in randomized block design with three replications. Data on morphological, yield and yield attributes were recorded. Diversity was analysed through Mahalanobis’s D2 analysis. Twenty-nine genotypes were grouped into nine clusters. Clustering pattern showed relationship with pedigree and place of breeding. Maximum contribution to diversity was by harvest index, days to emergence and length of main axis and minimum contribution was by number of mature pods per plant.
- Anonymous (2009) Annual report DGR, Junagadh, Gujarat.
- Chaudhary M. A .Z, Mia M F U, Afzal M A and Ali M M (1998). Comparative study of D2 and metroglyph analysis in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Thai J. of Agric.Sci. 31: 436-443.
- Dashora, A. and Nagda, A.K. (2004). National Syposium: Enhancing productivity of groundnut for sustaining food and nutritional security, Oct.11-13, NRCG, Junagadh pp: 39-41.
- Golakia,P. R. and Makne, V. G. (1991). J of Maharashtra Agric. Uni 16: 337-339.
- Hemanth Kumar, M. (2004). Genetic analysis of morphological, physiological and biochemical characters in relation to yield and quality in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Ph.D. Thesis submitted to Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad.
- Mahalanobis, P. C. (1936). On the generalized distance in statistics. Proceedings of National Instt. Sci., India. 2: 49-55.
- Makinde, S. C. O. and Ariyo, O. J. (2010). Multivariate analysis of genetic divergence in twenty two genotypes of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) J. Plant Breed. Crop Sci. 2: 192-204.
- Panse, V. G. and Sukhatme,P. V. (1961). Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. 2nd edition. ICAR, New Delhi pp: 361.
- Rao, C. R. V. (1952). Advanced Statistical Methods in Biometrical Research. John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York pp: 236-272.
- Singh, R. K. and Chaudhary, B. D. (1977). Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi pp: 252.
- Wilks, S. S. (1932). Certain generalizations in the analysis of variance. Biometrics 24: 471-494.
- Venkateswarlu, O. (1988). Genetic divergence and yield component analysis in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis submitted to Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Hyderabad.
- Vijayasekhar, C. (2002). Genetic studies through D2 statistics and isozyme analysis in Spanish bunch groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis submitted to Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad.