RESPONSE OF CHICKPEA TO P LEVELS FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES WITH VARIOUS PSB SPECIES
Citation :- RESPONSE OF CHICKPEA TO P LEVELS FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES WITH VARIOUS PSB SPECIES.Legume Research.2009.(32):212-214
In a field experiment on the response of chickpea to P levels from two sources with two
species of phosphorus solubilizing bacteria, the use of Bacillus megaterium and Bacillus polymyxa
along with DAP and Rock phosphate (RP) each @ 20 and 40 kg P2O5 / ha could significantly
increase the nodule dry weight, grain yield, straw yield and N and P uptake in chickpea. These
parameters were found maximum with DAP @ 40 kg P2O5 / ha along with B. polymyxa and with
B.megaterium. Use of RP @ 40 kg P2O5 / ha along with B. polymyxa and also with B.megaterium
was found identical to DAP @ 40 kg P2O5 / ha alone but inferior to DAP 40 kg P2O5 / ha +
B.polymyxa /B.megaterium for most of the parameters studied. P use efficiency (PUE) and
relative agronomic effectiveness (RAE) of both the sources were also increased due to inoculation
with both the P solubilizing bacteria inoculants. The maximum RAE (152.2%) was recorded
with DAP + B. polymyxa whereas maximum PUE was recorded with DAP @ 20 kg P2O5 / ha +
B. polymyxa inoculation
- Ahmed, N. and Jha, K.K. (1977). J. Indian Soc. Soil. Sci. 25:391-392.
- Dubey, S.K. (1997) J. Indian Soc. Sci., 45:506-509.
- Gupta, S.C. (1997) Indian J. Pulses Res., 10:171-174.
- Gupta, S.C. (1998) Proc. 3rd European Conference on Grain Legumes, Nov., 14-19 Valladolid, Spain pp 418-419.
- Gaur, A.C. (1990) Phosphate Solubilizing Microorganism as Biofertilizesr, Omega Sci. Publishers., New Delhi.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973) Soil Chemical Analysis (2nd Indian Print) Prentice Hall of Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- Manickam, T.S. and Ramaswami, P.P. (1985) In: Rock phosphate in Agriculture (Ed. Kothandaraman, G.V. et al.)TNAU, Coimbatore pp 42.
- Sattar, M.A. and Gaur, A.C. (1987) Z. Microbiol. 142:393.