STUDIES ON GROWTH AND YIELD OF KABULI CHICKPEA (CICER ARIETINUM L.) GENOTYPES UNDER DIFFERENT PLANT DENSITIES AND FERTILITY LEVELS
Citation :- STUDIES ON GROWTH AND YIELD OF KABULI CHICKPEA (CICER ARIETINUM L.) GENOTYPES UNDER DIFFERENT PLANT DENSITIES AND FERTILITY LEVELS.Legume Research.2010.(33):221 - 223
A field experiment was carried out during the rabi season of the year 2008-2009 to
find out the studies on growth and yield of Kabuli chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes
under different plant densities and fertility levels. Genotype ‘Phule G 95333’ recorded higher
growth and yield attributes , grain and straw yield than genotype ‘Phule G 0515’ . 33
plants/m2 showed that significantly higher grain and straw yield , whereas number of pods/
plant and grain yield /plant were higher with 22 plants/m2 . As regards the effect of higher
fertility level 30 kg N + 60 kg P2O5 + 30 kg K2O + 20 kg S/ha produced significantly higher
values of growth and yield attributes, grain and straw yield compared to lower fertility
level 20 kg N + 40 kg P2O5 + 20 kg K2O + 20 kg S /ha
- Anonymous (2006 A) Agricultural Statistics Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Department of Agriculture and
- Co-operation , Govt. of India Pp: 16-17.
- Anonymous (2006 B) Agricultural Statistics Department of Agriculture. Govt of M.P., Bhopal. Pp:70.
- Ayaz ,S.; Mckenzie,B.A. and Hill G.D. (1999). The effect of plant population on dry matter accumulation, yield
- and yield components of four grains legumes. Agronomy New Zealand 29: 9-15.
- Roy , R.K. and Sharma R.P. (1986) Performance of chickpea genotypes at varying plant population and fertility
- levels under late sown conditions. International chickpea Newsletter 14:19-20
- Saraf C.S.; Shiva kumar, B.G. and Patil R.R. (1997) . Effect of phosphorus, sulphur and seed noculation on
- performance of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) Indian J. Agron 42 : 323-328.
- Siag, R.K. (1995). Response of kabuli chickpea ( Cicer arietinum ) to genotypes phosphorus. Indian J.
- Agron 40 : 431-433.
- Schwenke, G.D .,Peoples, M.B., Turner,G.L. and Herridge ,D.F.(1998). Doses nitrogen fixation of commercial,
- dryland chickpea and faba bean crops in north-west New south wales maintain or enhance soil nitrogen.
- Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 38 : 61-70