STUDIES ON CHARACTERS ASSOCIATION AND PATH ANALYSIS FOR SEED YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.)
Citation :- STUDIES ON CHARACTERS ASSOCIATION AND PATH ANALYSIS FOR SEED YIELD AND ITS COMPONENTS IN GROUNDNUT (ARACHIS HYPOGAEA L.).Legume Research.2010.(33):211 - 216
The estimate of genotypic correlation coefficients in general higher than their corresponding
phenotypic correlations indicating strong inherent association among the traits. Yield contributing
characters like biological yield per plant, 100-kernel weight and harvest index had positive and
significant association with pod yield per plant at phenotypic level. Phenotypic interrelationship
between days to maturity and pod yield per plant was found negative and significant. Genotypic
correlations of above said yield components with pod yield were also strong and with similar
sign. The genotypic and phenotypic path analysis revealed the highest positive direct effects of
biological yield per plant and harvest index towards pod yield. Hundred-kernel weight contributed
indirectly via biological yield per plant and harvest index. Based on correlation and path analysis,
biological yield per plant, 100-kernel weight and harvest index were identified as the most
important yield contributing characters.
- Al-Jibouri, H.A., et al. (1958). Agron. J., 50: 633-635.Allard,
- Bera, S.K. and Das, P.K. (2000). Agric. Sci. Digest, 20: 9-12.
- 216 LEGUME RESEARCH
- Dewey, D.R. and Lu, K.H. (1959). Agron. J., 51: 511-518.
- Golakia, P.R., et al. (2005). Natnl. J. Pl. Improv., 7:50-53.
- Khunti, V.P. (1980). M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis submitted to the Gujarat Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar.
- Kuriakose, K.P. and Joseph, C.A. (1986). Kerala Agric. Res. J., 24: 111-117.
- Mahalakshmi, P., et al. (2005). Legume Res., 28 :197.
- Nagda, A.K. and Joshi, V.N. (2004). Paper presented in the National Symposium on “Enhancing Productivity
- of Groundnut for Sustaining Food and Nutritional Security” held at NRCG Junagadh during October
- 11-12, 2004.
- Odedara, R.K. (2005). M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis submitted to the Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh.
- Reddy, R.P. et al. (1984). Indian J. Genet.,44: 91-95.
- Singh, S.B. and Singh, J.P. (1999). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 24: 48-49.
- Suneetha, K.; et al. (2004). Paper presented in the National Symposium on “Enhancing Productivity of Groundnut for
- Sustaining Food and Nutritional Security” held at NRCG Junagadh during October 11-12, 2004.
- Stalker, H.T. (1997). Field Crop Res., 53: 205-217..
- Venkataravana, P., et al. (2000). Maysore J. Agric. Sci., 34: 321-325..
- Yadava, T.P., et al. (1981). Haryana agric. Univ. J. Res., 11: 169-171.
- Yogendra, P.,et al. (2001). J. Bisra Agric. Univ., 13: 201-204.