EFFICACY OF KETOVET IN TREATING BOVINE KETOSIS IN COWS
Citation :- EFFICACY OF KETOVET IN TREATING BOVINE KETOSIS IN COWS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2009.(43):197-199
Ketosis affects the milking cows commonly and causes economic losses due to reduced milk
yield. Many therapies are there with herbal medication. In the present study, efficacy of Ketovet,
a herbal product containing Holostemma annularis and Glycyrrhiza glabra to treat the ketosis
was studied. The cows with ketosis were drenched with 150 ml of Ketovet twice daily along with
25% dextrose at the rate of 5 ml /kg slow i.v. for three days. Ketovet was proved to be effective in
the therapy of ketosis when combined with dextrose
- Andersson, L. (1988). Vet. Clin. North Am. Food Anim. Pract., 4:233–251.
- Blood, D.C. and Radostits, O.M.(1989). Veterinary Medicine. 7th Edn. Bailliere Tindall Ltd. London. p.1100-1101.
- Carrier, J., et al (2004). J. Dairy Sci., 87:3725-3735.
- Coon, J.T. and Ernst, E. (2004). J. Hepatol. 40(3):491-500.
- Herold, A., et al G.(2003). Roum. Arch. Microbio. Immunol., 62:217.
- Nayak, L.K. and Nayak, D.C.(2001). Phytomedica, 2: 23-30.