EFFECT OF RAINFALL ON AVAILABLE MICRONUTRIENTS CATION CONTENTS IN SOME SOILS OF ASSAM
Citation :- EFFECT OF RAINFALL ON AVAILABLE MICRONUTRIENTS CATION CONTENTS IN SOME SOILS OF ASSAM.Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2000.(34):138-140
An experiment was conducted to study the effect of seasons during summer and winter months of the year on certain micronutrients cation contents in soils of three districts of Assam. The concentrations of soli copper, iron, zinc and manganese varied significantly (P<0.01) among districts. Except Iron, the concentrations of soli copper, zinc and manganese in all the three districts were significantly (P0.01) higher during the summer season compared to the winter season
- Borah, O.K. et al., (1992). J. Indian Soc. Soil. Sci. 40:283-288.
- Hamphill, D.O. (1977). In Geochemistry and the environment, Vol. 11, National Academy of
- Science. Washington, DC; p-124.
- Jackson, M.S. (1973). Soil Chemical analysis 2nd Edn., Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New
- McDowell L.R. (1987). In: Unesco Trace Element Conference, December 1-4, Paris, France.
- McDowell, L. R. et al., (1984). In:Symposium on Herbivore Nutrition in Subtropics and Tropics-
- problems and prospects. (F.M.C.) Gulchrist and RI. Machie eds). Pretoria, South Africa. pp.67-88.
- Mitchell C.C. Jr. and Rhue, R.D. (1979). Soil Sci. Res. Rep. 79:1-51.
- Perkin-Elmer-Corp. (1980). Analytical methods for atomic absorption spectrophotometry. PerkinElmer, Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Ponnamperuma, F. N. (1965). In-Mineral Nutrition of Ric~ Plant. John Hopkins Press, Baltiomore pp. 295-328.
- Sanders, J.R. (1983). J.Soil Sci. 34:315-323.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran. W.G. (1973). Statistical Methods (6th ed.) Iowa State. Univesity Press, Ames, Iowa.