STUDIES ON THE BIOLOGICAL PARAMETERS AND EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF NUT BORER (BLASTOBASIS SP.) IN LITCHI (LITCHI CHINENSIS)
Citation :- STUDIES ON THE BIOLOGICAL PARAMETERS AND EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF NUT BORER (BLASTOBASIS SP.) IN LITCHI (LITCHI CHINENSIS).Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2003.(37):279·282
Studies on some biological parameters and chemical control of litchi nut borer (Blastobasis sp.) were made during 2000–2001. Different food material were for rearing the insect and the larvae survived only on the whole nut of litchi. The larvae of the insect hibernate in dry nummies of litchi fruits. The incidence of litchi nut borer started from the 4th week of April and the critical period to give insecticidal spray was 29th April to 24th June. Ave insecticides viz., Endosulfan 35EC @ 1.05 and 1.51 kg a.i./ha, Quinalphos 25EC @ 0.75 and 1.25 kg a.i./ha, Monocrotophos 36SL @ 0.9 and 1.25 kg a.i./ha, Fenvalerate 20EC @ 0.2 and 0.4 kg a.i./ha and Sevin 50WP @ 2.5 and 3.75 kg a.i./ha were compared for their efficacy against litchi nut borer. First spray was given at fruit initiation and other two at 15 days intervals. Fenvalerate @ 0.4 kg a.i./ha was found to the most effective for the control of litchi nut borer.
- Batten, D.J. and LoebeI, M.R. (1984). AglactNews BuIJetin, Department of~, New South Walt!:s,~p: 4.
- Hofmeyer, J.H. (1984). CitrosSub/rOpicaJ Fruit J. , 599: 10-n. .
- Ironside, D.A. (1982). Queen1and Agric. J.,.108: 263-65.
- Singh, Harcharan etaJ. (1990). PAUJ. Res., 27: 436·440.
- Randhawa, H.S. and GiU, R.S. (1998). Agric. Sci. Digest, 18: 181-182