EVALUATION OF NUTRIENT EXTRACTION ABILITY OF COMMONLY EMPLOYED PROCEDURES IN NUTRIENT SORPTION STUDIES
Citation :- EVALUATION OF NUTRIENT EXTRACTION ABILITY OF COMMONLY EMPLOYED PROCEDURES IN NUTRIENT SORPTION STUDIES.Indian Journal Of Agricultural Research.2007.(41):242 - 248
Nutrient sorption studies were conducted in two benchmark soils belonging to Kalathur and Irugur series by two methods, viz., Agro Services International (ASI) and conventional methods in order to quantitatively assess the variations in their nutrient extracting ability. The results indicated that the two methods differed very much in their nutrient extracting ability among soils of different characteristics and exhibited specificity with some nutrients. Thus, enough caution must be exercised while using such data of nutrient sorption studies in defining fertilizer optima in any fertilization programme for different soil types
- Bansal, S.K. and Sekhon, G.S. (1994). Fertil. News. 39(9): 13-17.
- Berger, K. C., and Troug, E. (1939). Ind. Eng. Chem. Anal. Ed. 11: 540-545.
- Hanway, J.J. and Heidal, H. (1952). IOWA State College Agric. Bull., 57. pp.1-13.
- Hunter, A.H. (1980). Laberatory and Green house Techniques for Nutrent Survey Studis to determine the Soil amendments required for optimum plant growth Agro Services International Inc., Orange city, Florida, USA.
- Hunter, A.H. (1988). ASI Soil Analysis Methods for P,Kcu, Mn, Zn, B, S Using ASI Extracting Solution. Agro Services International Inc., Orange City, Florida, and USA.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi.
- Latha, M.R. and V. Murugappan. (2001). Madras Agric. J., 88 (4-6): 291-294.
- Lindsay, W.L., and Norvell, W. A. (1978). Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 42: 421 - 428.
- 248 INDIAN JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH
- Olsen, S.R., et. al. (1954). U.S.D.A Circ., 939. U.S.Govt. Printing Office, Washington DC.
- Piper, C.S. (1966). Soil and Plant Analysis, Hans Publishers, Bombay.
- Schollenberger, C. J. and Dreibelbis, F. R. (1930). Soil Sci., 30: 161-173.
- Shinde, P.B. (1999). Proceedings of Meeting of Scientists Involved in PPIC Sponsored Project held at New Delhi, June 10-11, 1999.
- Subbiah, B.V. and Asija, G.L. (1956). Curr. Sci., 25: 259-260.
- Walkley, A. and Black, C.A. (1934). Soil Sci., 37: 93-101.
- Williams, C. H. and Steinbergs, A. (1964). Pl. Soil. 21: 50-62.
- Williams, C.H. and Steinbergs, A. (1959).Aust. J. Agric. Res., 10: 340-352.