Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Modeling and Evaluation of AquaCrop for Maize (zea mays L.) under Full and Deficit Irrigation in Semi-Arid Tropics
First Online 15-07-2020|
- Abedinpour, M., Sarangi, A., Rajput, T.B.S. and Singh, M. (2014). Prediction of maize yield under future water availability scenarios using the AquaCrop model. Journal of Agricultural Science. 152:558-574.
- Abedinpour, M., Sarangi, A., Singh, M., Pathak, H. and Ahmed, T. (2012). Performance evaluation of AquaCrop model for maize crop in semi arid environment. Agricultural Water Management. 110: 55-65.
- Ahmadi, S.H., Mosallaeepour, E., Haghighi, A.A.K. and Sepaskhah, A.R. (2015). Modeling maize yield and soil water content with AquaCrop under full and deficit irrigation managements. Water Resource Management. 29:2837-2853.
- Debaeke, P. and Aboudrare, A. (2004). Adaptation of crop management to water-limited environments. European Journal of Agronomy. 21:433-446.
- FAO, (2008). HotIssues: Water Scarcity, FAOweblink: http://www. fao.org/nr/water/issues/scarcity.
- Fereres, E.M. and Soriano, A. (2007). Deficit irrigation for reducing agricultural water use: Integrated approaches to sustain and improve plant production under drought stress special issue. Journal of Botany. 58:147-159.
- Gebreselassie,Y., Mekonen, A. and Kassa, T. (2015). Field experimentation based simulation of yield response of maize crop to deficit irrigation using AquaCrop model, Arba Minch, Ethiopia. African Journal Of of Agricultural Research. 10 (4): 269-280.
- Heng, L.K., Hsiao, T.C., Evett, S., Howell. T. and Steduto, P. (2009). Validating the FAO AquaCrop model for irrigated and water deficient field maize. Agronomy Journal. 101: 488-498.
- Homayounfar, M., Lai, S.H., Zomorodian, M., Sepaskhah, A.R. and Ganji, A. (2014). Optimal crop water allocation in case of drought occurrence, imposing deficit irrigation with proportional cutback constraint. Water Resource Management. 28:3207-3225.
- Hsiao, T.C., Heng, L., Steduto, P., Rojas Lara, B., Raes, D. and Fereres, E. (2009). AquaCrop-The FAO crop model to simulate yield response to water: III. Parameterization and testing for maize. Agronomy Journal. 101:448-459.
- Kloss, S., Pushpalatha, R., Kamoyo, K.J. and Schutze, N. (2012). Evaluation of crop models for simulating and optimizing deficit irrigation systems in arid and semi-arid countries under climate variability. Water Resource Management. 26: 997-1014.
- Kumar, V. and Ahlawat, I.P.S. (2004). Carry-over of biofertilizers and nitrogen applied to wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and direct applied N in maize (Zea mays L.) in wheat-maize cropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 49 (4): 233- 236.
- Mhizha, T., Geerts, S., Vanuytrecht, E., Makarau, A and Raes, D. (2014). Use of the FAO AquaCrop model in developing sowing guidelines for rainfed maize in Zimbabwe. Water SA. 40:233-244.
- Pereira, L.S. (2006). Irrigated agriculture: Facing environmental and water scarcity challenges. In: International Symposium on Water and land management for Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture, Cukurova University, April 4-8, Turkey.
- Raes, D., Steduto, P., Hsiao, T.C. and Fereres, E. (2009). AquaCrop- The FAO crop model to simulate yield response to water: II. Main algorithms and software description. Agron. Journal. 101: 438-447.
- Singh, A. (2014). Irrigation planning and management through optimization modelling. Water Resource Management. 28:1-14.
- Steduto, P., Hsiao, T., Raes, C.D and Fereres, E. (2009). AquaCrop The FAO crop model to simulate yield response to water: I. Concepts and underlying principles. Agron. Journal. 101: 426-437.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.