- Averre, C.W. and Kelman, A. (1964). Severity of bacterial wilt as influenced by ratio of virulent to avirulent cells of Pseudomonas solanacearum in inoculum. Phytopathology 54(7): 779.
- Bartoli, C., Lamichhane, J.R., Berge, O., Guilbaud, C., Varvaro, L., Balestra, G.M. et. al. (2015). A framework to gauge the epidemic potential of plant pathogens in environmental reservoirs: the example of kiwifruit canker. Molecular Plant Pathology, 16: 137–149. DOI:10.1111/mpp.12167.
- Berger, C.N., Sodha, S.V., Shaw, R.K., Griffin, P.M., Pink, D., Hand, P. and Frankel, G. (2010). Fresh fruit and vegetables as vehicles for the transmission of human pathogens. Environmental Microbiology, 12(9): 2385-2397.
- Bhuvaneswari, V., Srivastava, A.K. and Paul, P.K. (2012) Aqueous fruit extracts of Azadirachta indica induce systemic acquired resistance in barley against Drechslera graminea. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection, 45(8): 898-908.
- Bogdanovic, J., Duèic, T., Milosavic, N., Vujèic, Z., Šijaèic, M., Isajev, V. and Radotic, K. (2005). Antioxidant enzymes in the needles of different omorika lines. Archives of Biological Science Belgrade, 57(4): 277–282.
- Bosch, A.A., Biesbroek, G., Trzcinski, K., Sanders, E.A.M. and Bogaert, D. (2013). Viral and bacterial interactions in the upper respiratory tract. PLoS Pathogens, 9: e1003057. DOI:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003057.
- Chen, F., Wang, M., Zheng, Y., Luo, J., Yang, X. and Wang, X. (2010). Quantitative changes of plant defense enzymes and phytohormone in biocontrol of cucumber Fusarium wilt by Bacillus subtilis B579. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 26(4): 675-684.
- Frey-Klett, P., Burlinson, P., Deveau, A., Barret, M., Tarkka, M. and Sarniguet, A. (2011). Bacterial-fungal interactions: hyphens between agricultural, clinical, environmental, and food microbiologists. Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, 75(4): 583-609.
- Hosni, T., Moretti, C., Devescovi, G., Suarez-Moreno, Z.R., Fatmi, M.B., Guarnaccia, C. et al. (2011). Sharing of quorum- sensing signals and role of interspecies communities in a bacterial plant disease. International Society for Microbial Ecology Journal, 5: 1–14. DOI: 10.1038/ismej.2011.65.
- Huang, L.D. and Backhouse, D. (2005). Induction of defence responses in roots and mesocotyls of sorghum seedlings by inoculation with Fusarium thapsinum and F. proliferatum, wounding and light. Journal of Phytopathology, 153(9): 522-529.
- Klement, Z. and Lovrekovich, L. (1961). Defence reactions induced by phytopathogenic bacteria in bean pods. Journal of Phytopathology, 41(3): 217-227.
- Llama-Palacios, A., López-Solanilla, E. and Rodríguez-Palenzuela, P. (2002). The ybiT gene of Erwinia chrysanthemi codes for a putative ABC transporter and is involved in competitiveness against endophytic bacteria during infection. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 68: 1624–1630. DOI:10.1128/AEM.68.4.1624-163 0.2002.
- Macho, A.P., Zumaquero, A., Ortiz-Martín, I. and Beuzón, C.R. (2007). Competitive index in mixed infections: a sensitive and accurate assay for the genetic analysis of Pseudomonas syringae- plant interactions. Molecular Plant Pathology, 8: 437–450. DOI:10.1111/ j.1364-3703.2007.00404.x.
- Neto, A.D.D., Prisco, J.T., Eneas-filho, J., Braga de Abreu, C.E. and Gomes-Filho, E. (2006). Effect of salt stress on antioxidative enzymes and lipid peroxidation in leaves and roots of salt-tolerant and salt-sensitive maize genotypes. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 56(1): 87–94.
- Newman, S.M., Tantasawat, P. and Steffens, J.C. (2011). Tomato polyphenol oxidase B is spatially and temporally regulated during development and in Response to ethylene. Molecules, 16: 493–517.
- Omer, M.E.H. and Wood, R.K.S. (1969). Growth of Pseudomonas phaseolicola in susceptible and in resistant bean plants. Annals of Applied Biology, 63(1): 103-116.
- Peters, B.M., Jabra-Rizk, M.A., O’May, G.A., Costerton, J.W. and Shirtliff, M.E. (2012). Polymicrobial interactions: impact on pathogenesis and human disease. Clinical Microbiology Reviews, 25: 193–213. DOI:10.1128/CMR. 00013-11.
- Raghvendra, V.B., Lokesh, S., Govindappa, M. and Vasanth, K.T. (2007). Dravyaas- an organic agent for the management of seed borne fungi of sorghum and its role in the induction of defense enzymes. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 89: 190-197.
- Lavanya, S.N., Niranjan Raj, S., Udayashankar, A.C., Kini, K.R., Amruthesh, K.N., Niranjana, S.R. and Shetty, H.S. (2012). Comparative analysis of activities of vital defence enzymes during induction of resistance in pearl millet against downy mildew. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection, 45(11): 1252-72.
- Singer, M. (2010). Pathogen-pathogen interaction. Virulence, 1: 10–18. DOI: 10.4161/viru.1.1.9933.
- Young, J.M. (1974). Development of bacterial populations in vivo in relation to plant pathogenicity. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research, 17: 105–113. DOI: 10.1080/00288233.1974.10421088.
Submitted Date : 6-07-2017
Accepted Date : 28-08-2017