Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Study of anatomical parameters of leaf and brix content of some promising commercial Indian varieties of sugarcane
First Online 27-09-2017|
- Allison, J.C.S., Williams, H.T., and Pammenter, N.W. (1997). Effect of specific leaf nitrogen on photosynthesis in sugarcane. Annals of Applied Biology, 63: 135 –144.
- Amaya, A., Cock, J.H., Hernandez, A. and Irvine, J. (1995). Bioligía, In El cultivo de la caòa en la zona azucarera de Colombia [Casselett C, Torres J and Isaacs C eds.], Cali, Columbia, Cenicaòa. pp. 31–62.
- Black, C.C., Campbell, W.H., Chen, T.M. and Dittrich, P. (1973). The monocotyledons: their evolution and comparative biology. III. Pathways of carbon dioxide metabolism related to net carbon dioxide assimilation by monocotyledons. The Quarterly Review of Biology, 48: 299-313.
- Bourdu, R. (1976). Discussion sur les caracteristiques structurales et infra-structurales des feuilles en function de I’appartenance aux trois types metaboliques. Physiologie Vegetale, 14: 551-561.
- Bull, T.A. and Tovey, D.A. (1974). Aspects of modelling sugarcane growth by computer simulation. Proceedings of the International Society of Sugar Cane Technologists, 165: 1021–1032.
- Furbank, R.T., Hatch, M.D. and Jenkins, C.L.D. (2000). C4 photosynthesis: mechanism and regulation, In: Photosyntheisis: physiology and metabolism, [Leegood RC, Sharkey TD and Von caemmerer S eds.], Kluwer Academic Publishers. Netherlands. pp. 435- 457.
- Gulati, J.M.L., Kar, S.C., Behra, J., Jena, S.N. and Lenka, S. (2015). Effect of planting methods on growth pattern and productivity of sugarcane varieties. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 49 (3): 222-228. DOI: 10.5958/ 0976-058X.2015.00034.7.
- Hartt, C.E., Kortschak, H.P., Forbes, A.J. and Burr, G.O. (1963). Translocation of C14 in sugarcane. Plant Physiology, 38: 305- 318.
- Hartt, C.E. and Burr, G.O. (1967). Factors affecting photosynthesis in sugarcane. Proceedings of the International Society of Sugar Cane Technologists, 12: 590–609.
- Hasija, R.C., Aneja, D.R., Khatkar, R.K. (2003). Retrospect and prospects of sugarcane production in Haryana. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 37 (2): 140 – 143.
- Inman-Bamber, N.G., Jackson, P.A., Bonnett, G. and Morgan, T. (2011). Have we reached peak CCS?. Proceedings of the Australian Society of Sugar Cane Technologists, Vol. 33: 1-9.
- Kumawat, P.D., Kacha, D.J. and Dahima, N.U. (2016). Effect of crop geometry and drip irrigation levels on sugarcane in south Saurashtra region of India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 50 (4): 366-369. DOI:10.18805/ ijare.v0iOF.9360.
- Laetsch, W.M. (1974). The C4 syndrome: a structural analysis. Annual Review of Plant Physiology, 25: 27-52.
- Lush, W.M. (1976). Leaf structure and translocation of dry matter in a C3 and C4 grass. Planta, 130: 235-244.
- McCormick, A.J., Watt, D.A. and Cramer, M.D. (2009). Supply and demand: sink regulation of sugar accumulation in sugarcane. Journal of Experimental Botany, 60: 357–364.
- McDavid, C.R. and Midmore, D.J. (1980). 14C fixation and translocation in sugarcane clones with contrasting weights of leaf per unit weight of cane and storage cell volumes. Annals of Botany, 46: 479-483.
- Misbah, N., Sughar, G., Soomro, Z.A., Ahmed, I., Seema, N., Nizamani, G.S., Saboohi. and Nizamani, M.R. (2017). Somatic embryogenesis and callus formation in sugarcane (Saccharum SPP L.) using different concentration of 2, 4-D and RAPD analysis of plants regenerates. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 51 (2): 93-102. DOI:10.18805/ijare.v0iOF.7637.
- Robinson-Beers, K. and Evert, R.F. (1991). Ultrastructure of and plasmodesmatal frequency in mature leaves of sugarcane. Planta, 184: 291-306.
- Rohwer, J. M. and Botha, F. C. (2001). Analysis of sucrose accumulation in the sugarcane culm on the basis of in vitro kinetic data. Biochemical Journal, 358: 437- 445.
- Singh, A.P. (1980). On the ultrastucture and differentiation of the phloem in sugarcane leaves. Cytologia, 45: 1-31.
- Welbaum, G.E. and Meinzer, F.C. (1990). Compartmentation of solutes and water in developing sugarcane stalk tissue. Plant Physiology, 93: 1147-1153.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.