Chief EditorT. Mohapatra
Print ISSN 0367-8245
Online ISSN 0976-058X
NAAS Rating 5.20
Effect dates of sowing and cutting time on seed yield and quality of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) CV. RL-88
First Online 27-09-2017|
- Abdul-Baki, A.A.and Anderson, J.D. (1973). Vigour determination of soybean seeds by multiple criteria.Crop Sci.,13:630-633.
- Anonymous, (2014). International Rules for Seed Testing by International Seed Testing Association. Seed Sci. & Tech., 27. 215.
- Asaadi, M., Bahareh D. and Bahman P.(2014). Determination the best time to harvest and seed rates in order to increase the yield production of alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) seed. Intl. J. Bio-sci.,5 (5): 100-106.
- Azizza, M. and Babo F. (2013).Effect of stage of cutting alfalfa on crude protein content and dry matter yield. ARPN J. Sci. & Technol., 3 (10): 1-4.
- Bhatt, R. K., Tripathi and Tiwari, (2009). Effect of cutting management on seed yield and its quality in grasses. Seed Res., 37 (1&2): 26-29.
- Channakeshava, B. C.(2014). Problems and prospective of forage seed production in India. (Edt., Quality Seed Production : Vasudevan et al., ) Agro. Tech. Publ. Aca., Udaipur: pp. 265.
- Gawariya,S. C., Chopra, N. K., Chopra, N. and Harika, A. S.(2015). Effect of date of sowing and crop geometry on growth and yield parameters of forage mustard (Var. Chinese Cabbage). African J. Agric. Res., 10(33): 3292-3295.
- Hadi, F., Hussain, F. and Arif, M. (2012). Effect of different nitrogen levels and cutting on growth behavior of dual purpose barley (HordeumvulgareL.). Scholarly J. Agril. Sci.,2(10):263-268.
- Henslow, C. (1867). Note on the structure of Medicago sativa, as apparently affording facilities for intercrossing of distinct flowers. J. Linn. Soc., 9:327-329.
- Kabir Fahm, Bari M. N., Karim M. A., Khaliq Q. A. and Ahmed J. U. (2009). Effect of sowing time and cultivars on the growth and yield of chickpea under rainfed condition. Bangladesh J. Agric. Res.,34(2):335–342.
- Rade S., Dragoljub, B., Dragan, D., Vladeta Stevovi., Dragan Terzic, Jasmina Milenkovi and Dragoslav Djokic, (2012). Influence of plant density on yield components, yield and quality of seed and forage yields of alfalfa varieties. Romanian Agric. Res., 29: 245-254.
- Stanisavljevic, R., Bekovic, D., Djukic, D., Stevovic, V., Terzic, D., Milenkovic, J. and Djokic, D. (2012). Influence of plant density on yield components, yield and quality of seed and forage yields of alfalfa varieties. Romanian Agril. Res.,29: 245-253.
- Suneetha Devi, K. B. and Satyanarayana RAO V. (2007). Effect of spacing and varieties on seed yield of forage cowpea. Forage Res.,33 (3) :161-163.
- Theresa, L., Pitts-Singer. and James, H. C. (2011). The alfalfa leaf cutting bee (Megachile rotundata). The World’s most intensively managed solitary bee. Ann. Rev. Entomol., 56: 221–37.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.