- Balinda, S.N., Tjornehoj, K., Muwanika V.B., Sangula, A.K., Mwiine, F.N., Ayebazibwe, C., Massembe, C., Siegismund, H.R. and Alexandersen S. (2009). Prevalence estimates of antibodies towards foot and mouth disease virus in small ruminants in Uganda. Transboundary Emerging Disease. 56: 362-371.
- Barnett, P.V. and Cox, S.J. (1999). The role of small ruminants in the epidemiology and transmission of foot-and-mouth disease. The Veterinary Journal. 158: 6-13.
- Beskawy, M.A. EL., Farag, V.M. and Saad, M.A. (2016). Epidemiological and clinic pathological studies of sheep naturally infected with Foot and Mouth Disease Virus (SAT2) in Egypt. Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 49: 129-137. DOI: 10.5455/ajvs.223318
- Bhattacharya, S., Pattnaik, B. and Venkataramanan, R. (1996). Development and application of sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the type identification of foot and mouth disease (FMD) virus indirect field materials. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 66: 1-9.
- FAO (2008). Livestock Policy and Poverty Reduction. Livestock Policy Brief 04. Animal Production and Health Division. FAO. Rome.
- Forman, S., Le Gall, F., Belton, D., Evans, B., Francois, J.L., Murray, G., Sheesley, D., Vandersmissen, A. and Yoshimura, S. (2009). Moving towards the global control of foot and mouth disease: an opportunity for donors. Scientific and Technical Review. Office International des Epizooties. 28: 883-896.
- Giridharan, P., Hemadri, D., Tosh, C., Sanyal, A. and Bandyopadyay, S.K. (2005). Development and evaluation of a multiplex PCR for differentiation of foot-and-mouth disease virus strains native to India. Journal of Virological Methods. 126:1-11.doi: 10.1016/j.jviromet. 2005.01.015.
- Hamblin, C., Barnett, I.T. and Hedger R.S. (1986). A new enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the detection of antibodies against foot-and-mouth disease virus. I. Development and method of ELISA. Journal of Immunological Methods. 93: 115-121.
- Hegde, R., Gomes, A.R., Giridhar, P., Kowalli, S., Shivashankar, B.P., Sudharshana, K.J., Nagaraj, K., Shesharao., Mallinath, K.C., Shankar, B.P., Nagaraj, D., Seema, C.M., Khan, T.A., Nagaraj, G.V., Srikala, K., Dharanesh, N.K., Venkatesha, M.D. and Renukaprasad, C. (2014). Epidemiology of foot and mouth disease in Karnataka state, India: a retrospective study. Virus Disease. 25: 504-509.
- ICAR-DFMD Annual Report 2018-19, ICAR-Directorate of Foot and Mouth Disease, Mukteswar, Nainital-263138.
- James, A.D. and Rushton, J. (2002). The economics of foot and mouth disease. Scientific and Technical Review. Office International des Epizooties. 21: 637-644.
- Kitching, R.P. (1998). A recent history of Foot-and-Mouth Disease. Journal of Comparative Pathology. 118: 89-108.
- Kitching, R.P. and Hughes, G.J. (2002) Clinical variation in foot and mouth disease: sheep and goats. Scientific and Technical Review. Office International des Epizooties. 21: 505-512.
- Knowles, N.J. and Samuel, A.R. (1995). Polymerase chain reaction amplification and cycle sequencing of the 1D (VP1) gene of foot-and-mouth disease viruses. Report of the Session of the Standing Technical Committee of the European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth disease held at Vienna, Austria, September 19-22, 1994. FAO, Rome, pp. 45-53.
- Luna, L.G. (1968). Manual of histologic staining methods of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. McGraw Hill Book Company, New York.
- Madhanmohan, M., Tresamol, P.V. and Saseendranath, M.R. (2009). Immune response in goats to two commercial foot-and-mouth disease vaccines and the assessment of maternal immunity in their kids. Transboundary and Emerging. Disease. 56: 49-53.
- OIE (2018). Foot and mouth disease, chapter 2.1.8 in: Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals 2018 available at www.oie.int/standard/terrestrial-manual/access online, accessed on 17-12-2018.
- Pattnaik, B., Subramaniam, S., Sanyal, A., Mohapatra, J.K., Dash, B.B., Ranjan, R. and Rout, M. (2012). Foot-and-mouth disease: global status and future road map for control and prevention in India. Agric Res. 1: 132-147.
- Pay, T.W.F. (1988). Foot and mouth disease in sheep and goats: a review. Foot and mouth disease bulletin. 26: 2-13
- Phyoe, H.M.M., Khaing, A.T., Abba, Y., Aung, Y.H., Htun, L.L., Htin, N.N., Abdullah, J.F.F. and Lila, M.A.M. (2017). Seroprevalence of Foot and Mouth Disease Virus (FMDV) and associated risk factors in unvaccinated sheep and goats in Pyawbwe and Meikhtila townships of Myanmar. Journal of Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research. 4: 161-167.
- Rout, M., Biswal, J.K., Dash, B.B., Hegde, R., Subramanium, S. and Mohapatra, J.K. (2014). Investigation of foot and mouth disease outbreaks in Chikkaballapur districts of Karnataka. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 84: 231-235.
- Rout, M., Senapati, M.R., Mohapatra, J.K., Dash, B.B., Sanya,l, A. and Pattnaik, B. (2014a). Serosurveillance of foot and mouth disease in sheep and goat population of India. Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 113: 273-277.
- Ryan, E., Horsington, J., Durand, S., Brooks, H., Alexandersen, S., Brownlie, J. and Zhang, Z. (2008). Foot-and-mouth disease virus infection in young lambs: pathogenesis and tissue tropism. Veterinary Microbiology. 127: 258-274.
- Uppal, P.K. (2009). Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Small Ruminants-An Issue of Concern. Appen, 29. www.fao.org/ag/aga/infocommissionsdocs/greece04/Ap p29.pdf.
Submitted Date : 2-06-2020
Accepted Date : 2-11-2020