Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Effect of Different Levels of Organic and Inorganic Fertilizers on Growth, Yield and Quality of Brinjal (Solanum melongena L.)
First Online 07-01-2021|
Methods: An experiment was conducted at Horticulture Experimental field Department of Horticulture, Naini Agriculture Institute, SHUATS, Allahabad during Rabi season of 2016-17. The experiment was laid out in randomized block design with 8 treatments and each replicated thrice. Thirty days old healthy and uniform seedlings were transplanted on 24th Sep. 2016.
Result: Overall vegetative parameters were influenced due to application of Nutrient through combination of organic manure and inorganic fertilizers were proved beneficially for increasing growth of brinjal crop. The fruit and yield parameters like Average fruit weight, Length of fruit, Diameter of Fruit, Fruit per plot, Fruit per plant and Fruit per hectare was influenced significantly by the combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers in different treatments which were recorded after harvesting of fruits.
- Aykroyd (1963). Vegetable Production in India, Published by ICAR. New Delhi.
- Choudhary (1976). Vegetable (4th Edition). National Book Trust, New Delhi. 50-58.
- Darley Jose, Shanmugavalu, K.G. and Thambhuraj, S. (1998). Studies on the efficiency of organic and inorganic form of nitrogen in brinjal. Indian J. of Hort. 45(1-2): 100-103.
- Devi, H.H., Maity, T.K., Paria, N.C. and Thapa, U. (2002). Response of brinjal to different sources of nitrogen. J. Veg. Sci. 29(1): 45-47.
- Kumar, A., Kumar, J. and Babu, R. (2007). Effect of inorganic and bio-fertilizers on growth, yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.). Journal article. 7(1/2): 151-152.
- Kumaran, S., Natarajan, S. and Thambhuraj, S. (1998). Effect of Organic and Inorganic fertilizers on Growth, Yield and Quality of Tomato. South Indian Hort. 46(3/6): 203-205.
- Malik, N.M. (1994). A Text Book of Horticulture. Islamabad. National Book Foundation. 510.
- Raigon, M., Rodriguez-Burruezo, A. and Prohens, J. (2010). Effects of organic and conventional cultivation methods on composition of eggplant fruits. J. Agric. Food Chem. 58(11): 6833-6840.
- Renuka, B. and Sankar, C.R. (2001). Effect of organic manures on growth and yield of tomato. South Indian Horticulture. 49(Special): 216-219.
- Suge, J.K., Omunyin, M.E. and Omami, E.N. (2011). Effect of organic and inorganic sources of fertilizer on growth, yield and fruit quality of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). Arch. Appl. Sci. Res. 3(6): 470-479.
- Ullah, M.S., Islam, M.S., Islam, M.A and Hague. T. (2008). Effects of organic manures and chemical fertilizers on the yield of brinjal and soil properties. J. Bangladesh Agril. Univ. 6(2): 271-276.
- Yadav, Pavan, Singh (2006). Effect of organic and inorganic on Growth, yield and a quality of Okra. Indian Journal Hort. 63(2): 215-2278.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.