- Ahmadikhah A. and Karlov GI. (2006). Molecular mapping of the fertility-restoration gene Rf4 for WA-cytoplasmic male sterility in rice. Plant Breeding. 125: 363-367.
- Ahmadikhah, A. and Alavi, M. (2009). A cold-inducible modifier QTL affecting fertility restoration of WA CMS in rice. International Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology. 1(5): 089-093.
- Allard R.W. (1960). Principles of Plant Breeding. John Willey and Sons Inc., New York. p. 64-65
- Govindaraj K. and Virmani SS. (1988) Genetics of fertility restoration of ‘WA’ type cytoplasmic male sterility in rice. Crop Science. 28: 787-792.
- Kumar, A., Bhowmick, P.K., Singh, V.J., Malik, M., Gupta, A.K., Seth, R., Nagarajan, M., Krishnan, S.G. and Singh, A.K. (2017). Marker-assisted identification of restorer gene (s) in iso-cytoplasmic restorer lines of WA cytoplasm in rice and assessment of their fertility restoration potential across environments. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants. 23(4): 891-909.
- Neeraja CN (2008). Restorer fertility gene (Rf3 and Rf4) reported marker RM10313. DRR Annual Report 2008-2009.
- Ponnuswamy, R., Singh, A.K., Raman, M.S. and Subbarao, L.V. (2020). Conversion of partial restorer Swarna into restorer by transferring fertility restorer Rf gene (s) through marker assisted back cross breeding (MABB) in rice. Scientific Reports. 10(1): 1101.
- Pradhan SB. and Jachuck PJ. (1999). Genetics of fertility restoration of elite lines for different cytoplasmic male sterile sources in rice. Oryza. 36(4): 374-376.
- Prasad, K.R., Krishna, K.R., Kumar, S.S., Senguttuvel, P. and Rao, L.S. (2017). Screening of Lines for Restoring Fertility Genes Rf3 and Rf4 with SSR Markers in Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 5(4): 647-650.
- Ramalingam, J., Savitha, P., Alagarasan, G., Saraswathi, R. and Chandrababu, R. (2017). Functional marker assisted improvement of stable cytoplasmic male sterile lines of rice for bacterial blight resistance. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8: 1131.
- Revathi, P., Medoju, P., Singh, A.K., Sundaram, R.M., Raju, S., Senguttuvel, P and Rani, N.S. (2013). Efficiency of molecular markers in identifying fertility restoration trait of WA-CMS system in rice. Indian J. Genet. 73(1): 89-93.
- Sarkar, C.K., Zaman, F.U. and Singh, A.K. (2002). Genetics of fertility restoration of ‘WA’based cytoplasmic male sterility system in rice (Oryza sativa L.) using basmati restorer lines. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding. 62(4): 305-308.
- Sheeba N.K., Viraktamath B.C., Sivaramakrishnan S., Gangashetti M.G., Khera P. and Sundaram R.M. (2009) Validation of molecular markers linked to fertility restorer gene (s) for WACMS lines of rice. Euphytica. 167: 217-227.
- Singh AK, Mahapatra T, Prabhu KV, Singh VP, Zaman FU, Mishra GP, Nandakumar N, Joseph M, Gopalakrishnan S, et al. (2005). Application of molecular markers in rice breeding: progress at IARI. Advances in marker assisted selection workshop. Trainee’s manual, Handouts and references.
- Singh, A.K., Revathi, P., Pavani, M., Sundaram, R.M., Senguttuvel, P., Kemparaju, K.B. and Suryendra, P.J. (2014). Molecular screening for fertility restorer genes Rf3 and Rf4 of WA-CMS and evaluation of F1 hybrids in rice (O. sativa L.). Journal of Rice Research. 7 (1): 25.
- Thippani, S., Kumar, S.S., Senguttuvel, P., Madhav, M.S. (2017). Identification of Restorer Lines through the Rf3 and Rf4 Genes Using SSR Markers in Rice Genotypes (Oryza sativa L.). Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 5(4): 1146-1150.
- Virmani SS., Govindaraj K., Casal C., Dalmacio RD. and Aurin PA. (1986). Current knowledge of an out looks on cytoplasmic –genetic male sterility and fertility restoration in rice. Rice genetics. International Rice Research Institute, Manila, pp 633–647.
- Virmani, S.S. (1997). Hybrid rice breeding manual. Int. Rice Res. Inst. p.50
- Virmani, S.S. and Edwards, I.B. (1983). Current status and future prospects for breeding hybrid rice and wheat. Advances in Agronomy. 36: 145-214.
- Yao FY., Xu CG., Yu SB., Li JX., Gao YJ., Li XH. and Zhang Q. (1997). Mapping and Genetic analysis of two fertility restorerloci in the wild abortive cytoplasmic male sterility system of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Euphytica. 98:183.
- Young JB. and Virmani SS. (1984). Inheritance of fertility restoration in a rice cross. Rice Genetics Newsletter. 1: 102-103.
- Zhang Q., Bharaj T.S., Virmani S.S. and Huang H. (1997). Mapping of the Rf-3 nuclear fertility restoring gene for WA cytoplasmic male sterility in rice using RAPD and RFLP markers. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 94: 27-33.
Submitted Date : 18-11-2019
Accepted Date : 3-03-2020