- An, X., Li, Q., Yan, Y., Xiao, Y., Hsam, S.L.K. and Zeller, F.J. (2005). Genetic diversity of European spelt wheat (Triticum aestivum ssp. spelta L. em. Thell.) revealed by glutenin subunit variations at the Glu-1 and Glu-3 loci. Euphytica. 146(3): 193-201.
- Bietz, J.A. and Wall, J.S. (1972) Wheat gluten subunits: Molecular weights determined by sodium dodecyl sulfate-poly acrylamide gel electrophoresis. Cereal Chemistry. 49(4): 416-430.
- Ciaffi, M., Lafiandra, D., Porceddu. E. and Benedettelli, S. (1993). Storage-protein variation in wild emmer wheat (Triticum turgidum ssp. dicoccoides) from Jordan and Turkey. I. Electrophoretic characterization of genotypes. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 86(4): 474-480.
- Cooke, R.J. and Law, J.R. (1998). Seed storage protein diversity in wheat varieties. Plant Varieties and Seeds. 11: 159-167.
- Don, C., Lichtendonk, W.J., Plijter, J.J. and Hamer, R.J. (2003). Understanding the link between GMP and dough: from glutenin particles in flour towards developed dough. Journal of Cereal Science. 38:157-165.
- Dvoracek, V. and Curn, V. (2003). Evaluation of protein fractions as biochemical markers for identification of spelt wheat cultivars (Triticum spelta L.). Plant Soil Environment. 49: 99-105.
- Dvoracek, V., Curn, V. and Moudry, J. (2001). Polymorphism of biochemical markers in selected cultivars of spelt wheat (Triticum spelta L.). Rostlinna Vyroba-UZPI (Czech Republic). 47: 77-81.
- Figliuolo, G. and Zeuli, P.L.S. (2006). A nested analysis to detect relationships between genetic markers and germplasm classes of durum wheat. Plant Genetic Resources Newsletter. 124: 44-50
- Janssen, A.M., Vliet, V.T. and Vereijken, J.M. (1996). Rheological behaviour of wheat glutens at small and large deformations. Effect of gluten composition. Journal of Cereal Science. 23: 33-42.
- Khan, I. and Alam Z. (2007). Nutritional composition of Pakistani wheat varieties. Journal of Zhejiang University Science B. 8(8): 555-559.
- Laemmli, U. (1970). Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 227: 1-6.
- Levy, A.A., Galili, G. and Feldman, M. (1988). Polymorphism and genetic control of high molecular weight glutenin subunits in wild tetraploid wheat Triticum turgidum var. dicoccoides. Heredity. 61(1): 63.
- MacRitchie, F. (1992). Physicochemical properties of wheat proteins in relation to functionality. In Advances in Food and Nutrition Research. 36: 1-87. Academic Press.
- MacRitchie, F. (1999). Wheat proteins: characterization and role in flour functionality. Cereal Foods World. 44: 188–193.
- Mefleh, M., Conte, P., Fadda, C., Giunta, F. and Motzo, R. (2019). From seed to bread: variation in quality in a set of old durum wheat cultivars. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. Online first
- Nevo, E. and Payne, P.I. (1987) Wheat storage proteins: diversity of HMW glutenin subunits in wild emmer from Israel. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 74(6): 827-836.
- Nizar, M.A. (2002). Gliadins polymorphism and cluster analyses of Syrian grown durum wheat. Plant Breeding and Seed Science. 46: 45-56.
- Noma, S., Hayakawa, K., Abe, C., Suzuki, S. and Kawaura, K. (2019). Contribution of á-gliadin alleles to the extensibility of flour dough in Japanese wheat cultivars. Journal of Cereal Science. 86:15-21.
- Osborne, T.B. (1907). The proteins of the wheat kernel (No. 84). Washington, DC: Carnegie Inst. Washington Publications.
- Payne, P.I. and Lawrence, G.J. (1983). Catalogue of alleles for the complex gene loci Glu-A1, Glu-B1 and Glu-D1 which code for high molecular weight subunits of glutenin in hexaploid wheat. Cereal Research Communications. 11: 29-35.
- Shewry P.R. (2009). Wheat. Journal of Experimental Botany. 60(6): 1537-1553.
- Shewry, P.R. (2019). What is gluten-why is it special? Frontiers in Nutrition. 6: 101.
- Shewry, P.R., Halford, N.G. and Tatham, A.S. (1992). The high molecular weight subunits of wheat glutenin. Journal of Cereal Science. 15: 105-120.
- Teng, X.Y., Tao L.X. and Sun, L.X. (1988). Identification of wheat proteins by electrophoresis. Acta Agronomica Sinica. 14: 322-328.
- Uthayakumaran, S., Gras, P.W., Stoddard, F.L. and Bekes, F. (1999). Effect of varying protein content and glutenin-to-gliadin ratio on the functional properties of wheat dough. Cereal Chemistry. 76: 389-394.
- Waines, J.G. and Payne, P.I. (1987). Electrophoretic analysis of the high-molecular-weight glutenin subunits of Triticum monococcum, T. urartu and the A genome of bread wheat (T. aestivum). Theoretical and Applied Genetics. 74(1): 71-76.
Submitted Date : 14-11-2019
Accepted Date : 16-01-2020