- Block, S.S., Butler, W.R., Ehrhardt, R.A., Bell, A.W., Van Amburgh, M.E. and Boisclair, Y.R. (2001). Decreased concentration of plasma leptin in periparturient dairy cows is caused by negative energy balance. J. Endocrinol. 171: 339–348.
- Cools, A., Maes, D., Decaluwé, R., Buyse, J., van Kempen T.A., Janssens, G.P. (2013). Peripartum changes in orexigenic and anorexigenic hormones in relation to back fat thickness and feeding strategy of sows. Domestic Animal Endocrinology. 45: 22–27.
- Cornier, M., Dabelea, D., Hernandez, T.L., Lindstrom, R.C., Steig, A.J., Stob, N.R., Van Pelt, R.E., Wang, H. and Eckel, R.H. (2008). The metabolic syndrome. Endocrine Reviews. 29: 777-822.
- Kadokawa, H., Blache, D., Yamada, Y. and Martin, G. (2000). Relationships between changes in plasma concentrations of leptin before and after parturition and the timing of first post-partum ovulation in high-producing holstein dairy cows. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 12(7-8): 405-11.
- Keswan, S., Mukherjee, J., Prasad, S. and Dang, A.K. (2012). Phagocytic activity of blood neutrophils and its relationship with plasma concentration of TNF-á, IL-6 and milk SCC in crossbred cows during early lactation. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 82(7): 737–740.
- Lemor, A., Hosseini, A., Sauerwein, H. and Mielenz, M. (2009). Transition period-related changes in the abundance of the mRNAs of adiponectin and its receptors, of visfatin and of fatty acid binding receptors in adipose tissue of high-yielding dairy cows. Domest. Anim. Endocrinol. 37: 37-44.
- Liefers, S.C., Veerkamp, R.F., te Pas, M.F., Delavaud, C., Chillard, Y. and van der Lende, T. (2003). Leptin concentrations in relation to energy balance, milk yield, intake, live weight and estrus in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 86(3): 799-807.
- Mielenz, M., Kuhla, B. and Hammon, H.M. (2013). Abundance of adiponectin system and G-protein coupled receptor GPR 109A mRNA in adipose tissue and liver of F2 off spring cows of Charolais x German Holstein crosses that differ in body fat accumulation. J. Dairy Sci. 96: 278–289.
- Rabe, K., Lehrke, M., Parhofer, K.G. and Broedl, U.C. (2008). Adipokines and insulin resistance. Molecular Medicine. 14: 741–751.
- Reverchon, M., Rame, C., Cognie, J., Brient, E., Elis, S., Guillaume, D. and Dupont, J. (2014). Resistin in Dairy Cows: Plasma concentrations during early lactation, expression and potential role in adipose tissue. PLoS ONE. 9(3): e93198.
- Singh, S.P., Häussler, S., Gross, J.J., Schwarz, F.J., Bruckmaier, R.M. and Sauerwein, H. (2014). Short communication: Circulating and milk adiponectin change differently during energy deficiency at different stages of lactation in dairy cows. 97(3): 1535–1542.
- Villalobos, D.B., Tornadu, I.G., Shroeder, G., Salado, E.E., Gagliostro, G., et al. (2007). Effect of fat supplementation on leptin, insulin-like growth factor I, growth hormone and insulin in cattle. Canadian J. Vet. Res. 71: 218-225.
- Wathes, D.C., Fenwick, M., Cheng, Z., Bourne, N., Llewellyn, S., Morris, D.G., Kenny, D., et al. (2007). Influence of negative energy balance on cyclicity and fertility in the high producing cow. Theriogenology. 68: 232-241.
Submitted Date : 24-08-2019
Accepted Date : 4-01-2020