- Brown, P. H. and Hu, H. (1996). Phloem mobility of boron in species dependent: Evidence for phloem mobility in sorbitol-rice species. Annals of Botany. 77:497-505.
- Carpena, R. O., Esteban, E., Jose Sarro, M., Penallosa, J., Garate, A., Lucena, J. and Zornoza, P. (2000) Boron and calcium distribution in nitrogen fixing pea plants. Plant Science. 151:163-70.
- Cristobal, C. J. J. and Fontes, G. A. (1999). Boron deficiency causes a drastic decrease in nitrate content and nitrate reductase and increase the content of carbohydrate in leaves from tobacco plants Planta. 209:528-36.
- Dannel, F., Pfeffer, H. and Roemheld, V. (1997). Effect of pH and boron concentration in the nutrient solution in translocation of boron in the xylem of sunflower. Pp. 183-201 In: Boron in soils and plants, Bell, R. W. and Rerkasem, B. (Eds) Kluwer academic publishers, Boston.
- Dannel, F., Pfeffer, H. and Roemheld, V. (2000). Characterization of root boron pools, boron uptake and boron translocation in sunflower using the stable isotopes 10B and 11B Australian Journal of Plant Physiology. 27:397-405.
- Dell, B. and Huang, L. (1997). Physiological response of plants to boron. Plant and Soil. 193: 103-120.
- Gaines, T. P. and Mitchell, G. A. (1979). Boron determination in plant tissue by Azomethine-H method. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 10:1099-1108.
- Goldberg, S. and Forster, H. S. (1991). Boron sorption on calcareous soils and reference calcites. Soil Science. 152: 304-09.
- Gupta, U. C. (1979). Boron nutrition of crops. Advances in Agronomy. 31: 273-307.
- Hu, H. and Brown, P. H. (1997). Absorption of Boron by plant roots. Plant and Soil. 193: 49-58.
- Padbhushan, R. and Kumar, D. (2015). Distribution of Boron in Different Fractions in Some Alkaline Calcareous Soils, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 46:8, 939-953.
- Steel, R. G. D. and Torrie, J. H. (1980). Principles and procedures of statistics: A biometrical approach, 2nd edn McGraw- Hill: New York.
- Verma, A. N., Ram, K. and Sharma, R. K. (2000). Growth, yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) as affected by foliar applications of boron in sand culture. Mysore Journal of Agricultural Science. 7:130-32.
Submitted Date : 22-01-2019
Accepted Date : 27-09-2019