Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Variability in gas exchange attributes of wheat RILs subjected to high temperature stress
First Online 07-09-2017|
- Ahmed, M., Hassan, F.U., Aslam, M., Akram, M.N., Aslam, M.A. (2010). Photosynthesis of spring wheat (Triticum aestivum) in rainfed ecology of Pakistan. Afri. J. Biotech, 9:7495-7503.
- Al-Khatib, K., Paulsen, G.M. (1990). Photosynthesis and productivity during high temperature stress of wheat genotypes from major world regions. Crop Sci., 30:1127–1132.
- Bahuguna, R.N., Chaturvedi, A.K., Pal, M. (2016). Physiological traits for improving high temperature stress tolerance in rice. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology, 21: 420.
- Harding, S.A., Guikema, J.A., Paulsen, G.M. (1990). Photosynthetic decline from high temperature stress during maturation of wheat: I. Interaction with senescence processes, Plant Physiol., 92:648-653
- Mullarkey, M., Jones, P. (2000). Isolation and analysis of thermotolerant mutant in wheat. Jour. of Expt. Botany, 51:139–146.
- Paulsen, G.M. (1994). High temperature responses of crop plants. In: K.J. Boote, I.M. Bennet, T.R. Sinclair & G.M. Paulsen (Eds.), Physiology and Determination of Crop Yield, pp. 365–389. American Society of Agronomy, Madison, WI.
- Reynolds, M. P., Quilligan, E., Aggarwal, P.K., Bansal, K.C., Cavalieri, A.J., Chapman, S.C., et al., (2016). An integrated approach to maintaining cereal productivity under climate change. Global Food Security, 8: 9-18.
- Ray, D. K., Mueller, N. D., West, P. C., Foley, J. A. (2013). Yield trends are insufficient to double global crop production by 2050. PLoS ONE 8.
- Tambussi, E.A., Bort, J., Guiamet, J.J., Nogués, S., Araus, J.L. (2007). The photosynthetic role of ears in C3 cereals: metabolism, water use efficiency and contribution to grain yield. Crit Rev Plant Sci, 26:1-16.
- Talukder, A.M., McDonald, G.K., Gill, G.S. (2014). Effect of short-term heat stress prior to flowering and early grain set on the grain yield of wheat. Field Crops Research, 160: 54–63.
- Wahid, A., Gelani, S., Ashraf, M., Foolad M.R. (2007). Heat tolerance in plants: an overview. Environ. Exp. Bot. 61:199-223.
- Zhang, B., Liu, W., Chang, S.X., Anyia, A.O. (2010). Water deficit and high temperature affected water use efficiency and arabinoxylan concentration in spring wheat. J. Cereal Sci., 52:263-269
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.