Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Studies on genetic variability, correlation and path analysis in pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum L.) germplasm lines
First Online 22-03-2017|
The 52 germplasm lines of pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum L.) were evaluated for eight quantitative characters with a view to study the genetic variability, correlation and path analysis. The High values of GCV, PCV and heritability estimates coupled with maximum genetic advance over mean were obtained for the characters like productive tillers per plant, grain yield per plant, seed weight, seed yield per ear head and panicle length traits. The results of correlation and path analysis revealed that grain yield per plant exhibited positive significant correlation with panicle length and panicle girth. The plant height, panicle girth and panicle length traits contributed the highest positive direct effect on grain yield.
- Bhuri Singh .Upadhyay ,P.K. and Sharma, K.C.,(2014): Genetic Variability, Correlation And Path Analysis In Pearl Millet (Pennisetum Glaucum (L.) R. Br.). Indian Res. J. Genet. & Biotech. 6: 491-500.
- Burton, G.W. and Devane, E.M.,(1953): Estimating heritability in fall fescue (festuca arundiancea L) from replicated clonal material. Agron. J., 45: 478-481.
- Choudhary, R. B. Jat, L. Anwale, R. Dhikwal, S. R. and Sharma, K. C., (2012): Studies on estimates of genetic variability and character association of yield components and protein content in pearl millet. Forage Res., 38: 80-85.
- Govindaraj, M. Selvi, B. Rajarathinam, S. Sumathi, P., (2011): Genetic variability and heritability of grain yield components and grain mineral concentration in India’s pearl millet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R.Br.] accessions. African J. Food, Agric. Nutr. Dev: 4758–4771.
- Hanson, G.H.Robinson H.F. and Comstock R.E.,(1956): Biometrical studies in yield in segregating populations of Korean lespediza. Agron. J., 48: 267-282.
- Johnson H. W. Robinson, H. Fand Comstock, L. E.(1955): Genotypic and Phenotypic correlation in soybean and their implications in selection Agron. J., 47: 177-483.
- Kumar,R. Harish, S. Dalal, M.S. Malik, V. Devvart, L. K. Chugh, P. Garg and Raj,K.,(2014) :Studies on variability and character association under rainfed conditions in pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum L.) hybrids. Forage Res., 40: 163-167.
- Kumari, M. Garg, D. K. Saini, R. S. and Jat, B. L.,( 2013 Genetic variability and correlation coefficient in pearl millet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.)R. Br. Emend Stuntz].Forage Res., 39 : 83-87.
- Lakshmana, D. Biradar, B. D. Madaiah, D. and Jolli, R. B., (2010) Genetic variation in pearl millet germplasm. Indian J. Plant Genet. Resour., 23 : 315-317.
- Salih, A. I. Sabiel. Mohamed, I. Ismail. Elgailani Abdalla . Khalid, A.Osman .Adam M.Ali., (2014) :Genetic variation among Pearl millet genotypes for yield and its components in semi-arid zone Sudan. Intl J Agri Crop Sci. 7: 822-826.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.