Standardization of flyash for seed pelleting in sesame
Citation :- Standardization of flyash for seed pelleting in sesame.Agricultural Science Digest.2015.(35):187-190
A Study was conducted at Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University Annamalai Nagar to standardize the dosage of flyash for seed pelleting in sesame with different concentrations ranging from 25 g to 300 g with 3 doses of gum as adhesive material. Based on the results, it was found that seed quality charecters increased along with increased dosage of flyash treatment in general and flyash treatment @ 250 g.kg-1 and with 10% or 5 % gum Arabica as adhesive material was identified as the best dose for seed pelleting in sesame.
- Ahmed Raza, M. (1997). Seed technological studies in Bellary onion (Allium cepa L). cv. Agri found dark red. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Anandaraj P., Prakash, M. and Sathyanarayanan, G. (2008). The response of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield parameters in black gram (Vigna mungo (L) Hepper). National Seed Congress, 20-21, December 2008, UAS, Bangalore, p. 85.
- Anonymous, (1993). Potentials of fly ash identified. Financial Express, Bombay, June 21.
- Balaji, D.S. and Thiagarajan, C.P. (1991). Studies on the seed-soil relationship in certain crops. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Kuchanwar, O.D., Matte, D.B. and Kene, D.R. (1997). Evaluation of graded dose of fly ash and fertilizers on nutrient content and uptake of groundnut grown on vertisol. J. Soils and Crops, 7: 1-3.
- Maheswari, R. (1996). Seed production technology in soybean under rice fallow and methods to control seed deterioration in soybean cv. CO 1 (Glycine max (L.) Merrill). M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Nargis, S. and Thiagarajan, C.P. (1991). Storage studies with pelleted seeds of tomato cv. PKM 1. South Indian Horticulture, 45: 181-183.
- Ponnusamy, A.S., Vijaya, J., Krishnasamy, V. and Raja, K. (2003). Economics of seed hardening and pelleting treatment with productivity of black gram. ICAR short course on seed hardening and pelleting technologies for rainfed garden land ecosystem. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, p.213.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya narayanan. G. and Sunil Kumar, B. (2012). Effect of fly ash seed pelleting on seed yield in black gram. Legume Res, 35: 64-67.
- Prakash, M., Sathiya narayanan, G. and Sunil Kumar, B. (2014).Fly ash seed pelletingÂ enhances growth and yield in bhendi. Agric. Sc. Dig., 34: 49-51.
- Rajiv, G. and Prakash, M. (2012). Influence of flyash application on growth and yield of green gram. International Journal of Current Res., 4: 13-16.
- Rajiv. G. and Prakash, M. (2012). Response of black gram to fly ash application. Plant Archives, 12: 253-256.
- Sanjay Bryar. (2000). Long Term experiment on farmer’s field for use of flyash in Maharashtra. Workshop on “Use of Flyash in Agriculture”, Organised by C.FARM, New Delhi, March, 9, 2010.P.5-6.
- Sankarapandi, S. (1994). Ash-less coal. Down to Earth, 1-18.