AMMI ANALYSIS FOR FRUIT YIELD STABILITY OF PAPRIKA (CAPSICUM ANNUUM VAR LONGUM L.)
Citation :- AMMI ANALYSIS FOR FRUIT YIELD STABILITY OF PAPRIKA (CAPSICUM ANNUUM VAR LONGUM L.).Agricultural Science Digest.2011.(31):86 - 92
Genotype × Environment interaction of five parents and four F1 hybrids along with check at four environments for paprika fruit yield was studied with Additive Main Effects and Multiplicative Interaction (AMMI) model. The four paprika hybrids along with their parents were raised in a randomized complete block design with three replications taking care of sowing in the month of June 2007 in all the locations. The combined analysis of variance of AMMI showed that the environment, genotype and G × E interaction were highly significant , suggesting a broad range of genotypic diversity and environmental variation. Three parents viz., Bydagi – kaddi, Simla Paprika and KTPL – 18 were found to be stable across environments for number of fruits per plant. The parent Arka Abir was found to be stable yielder across environments. The hybrid Arka Abir × Bydagi – kaddi cross was stable for the maximum three characters over environments and identified as having general adaptability. The results of environmental index (I) for fruit yield calculated as deviation of the mean of all varieties at particular environment from the grand mean revealed that location Thadiyankudisai recorded substantial increase in the values.
Capsicum annuum var. longum L.
- Anand,G., Subraman, N. and Gopakumar, B.(2006).AMMI analysis for fruit yield stability of Chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Journal of Plantation Crops,34(3):239-242.
- Anonymous,(2004). Manual of crop production techniques for horticultural crops. Directorate of Horticulture and Plantation Crops and Tamil Nadu Agric. Univ., Coimbatore.
- Bosland, P.W and Votava, E.J.(2000). Peppers: Vegetable and Spice Capsicums. CABI publishing. pp 204.
- Caselton ,G. (2004). http://www.g6csy.net/chile/database.html
- Crossa, J.(1988). A comparision of results obtained with two methods for assessing yield stability.Theoritical and Applied Genetics.75:46-51.
- Crossa,J., Gauch,H.G and Zobel,R.W.(1990).Additive main effects and multiplicative interaction analysis of two international maize cultivar trials.Crop Science.30:493-500.
- Doshi, K.M. and Shukla, P.T.(2000). Expression of heterosis in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Capsicum and Egg Plant Newsletter. 19: 66-69.
- Kallupurackal, J.A. and Ravindran, P.N.(2005).Over 225 high yielding spice varieties in India (part-I). Spice India. 18:3-9.
- Lohithaswa, H.C., Kulkarni, R.S. and Manjunath, A.(2000).Combining ability analysis for fruit yield, capsaicin and other quantitative traits in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.) over environments.Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding.60:47-48.
- Madhavi Reddy, K. and A.T.Sadashiva.(2003). Studies on yield stability in chilli (Capsicum annuum L).Indian Journal of Horticulture. 60(2):183-187.
- Nehru, S.D., Manjunath, A.and Rangaiah, S. (2003). Genetic variability and stability for fruit yield and other metrical characters in chilli. (Capsicum annuum L.). Indian Journal of Horticulture. 39:83-88.
- Perkins, J.M. and Jinks, J.L.(1968). Environment and genotype × environment components of variability, III. Multiple lines and crosses. Heredity, 23: 339-356.
- Revanappa, S. and Kajjidoni, S .T .( 2004). Genotype x environment interaction for seed yield and its Components in advance breeding lines of blackgram (Vigno mungo L. Hepper). Madras agricultural journal, 91(4-6): 341-4.
- Senapati, B.K. and Sarkar, G.( 2002). Genotype-environment interaction and stability for yield and yield components in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Vegetable Science, 29(2): 146 – 148.
- Sooch, B.S., Thakur, M.R. and Gupta, V.P. (1981). Stability analysis of some characters in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Indian Journal of Horticulture, 39 : 83 – 88.
- Wani, K.P., Ahmed, N., Tanki, M.I. and Raj Narayan.(2003).Stability analysis for yield and quality characters in hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.). Capsicum and Eggplant Newsletter, 22:75-78.
- Vijayaragavan, V.(2008). Genetic analysis of anthracnose resistance and marketable fruit yield in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). Ph.D. (Hort.). Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agric. Univ., Coimbatore, India.
- Wallace, D.H., Baudoin, J.P., Beaver, J., Coyne, D.P., Halseth, D.E., Masaya, P.N., Munger H.M., Myers, J.R., Silbernagel, M., Yourstone, K.S. and Zobel, R.W.(1993).Improving efficiency of breeding for higher crop yield. Theoritical and Applied Genetics, 86:27-40.
- Yayeh Zewdie and Poulos, J.M.(1995). Stability analysis in Hot Pepper. Capsicum and Eggplant Newsletter, 14:39-42.