EFFECT OF ENZVMETIC TREATMENT ON OIL RECOVERY OF SOYBEAN
Citation :- EFFECT OF ENZVMETIC TREATMENT ON OIL RECOVERY OF SOYBEAN.Agricultural Science Digest.2006.(26):15-17
Cellulase and papain were used for oil recovery from soybean during mechanical pressing independently as well as in combination. Enzyme ratio of 50:1 for papain and of 5:1 for cellulase were employed for hydrolysis. Three incubation period (2, 4 and 24 h) with constant shaking were used. The incubation temperature (25°C), moisture content of 3% w.b and a pressing time of 60s were constantly maintained during mechanical processing. The treated samples were compressed uniaxially in a test cell at 20, 35 and 50 MPa and the oil recovery was monitored. Papain and cellulase treatment increased 6.0 and 14.8% oil recovery while their combination was ineffective. The optimum pressure was found to be 50 MPa and the incubation period 4 h.
- MCC (1995). Approved Methods of the American Association ofCereal Chemists (Eighth Edn.) American Association of Cereals Chemists S1. Paul, MN.
- Bargale, P.C. et al. (2000). J Food Process Engg [USA], 22(4):180-189.
- Bhatnagar, S. and Johri, B.N. (1987). Curr Sci, 56(15): 775-776.
- Dominguez, H. et al. (1993). Food Chern, 46:277-284.
- Dominguez, H. et a/. (1995). Food Chern 54:223-231.
- Smith, D.O. et a/. (1993). JAm. Oil Chern Soc., 70:885-889.
- Sosulski, K. et a/. (1988). JAm. Oil Chern Soc., 65:357-361.
- Smith, A.K. and Circle, S.J. (1972). Soybean: ChemistrYand Technology, The AVI Publishing Company Inc., Westport, USA, p. 455-456.