Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
COMBINING ABILITY FOR GRAIN TRAITS IN MAIZE
number of grain rows per cob, number of grains per row, cob weight,days to 50 % silk and
hundred gram weight. Based on the Per se performance and effects UMI 760, Prabhat-1 and
JM 3181-1 were found to be the best parents for improvement of grain traits besides grain
yield. Prabhat-1 x UMI492, UMI 760 x JM 3181-1 and UMI 805 x UMI 76Q are suitable for
- Debnath, S.c. and Sarkar G. (1990). Indian J. Genet, 50 (1) : 57-61.
- Ferrao, R.c. et al (1995). Maize Abst., 11: 1666.
- Gilbert, N.E.(1958). Heredity 12 : 477-492.
- Griffing. B. (1956). Aust. J. BioI. Sci., (9) : 463493.
- Mohammad. AA (1995). Maize Abst. : 4.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.