Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
LINE x TESTER ANALYSIS OVER ENVIRONMENTS IN PEARLMILLET [PENNISETUM GLAUCUM(L.} R. SR.]
design using 12 male sterile lines and 12 restorer lines. The estimate of gca and sca
varia~ces indicated predominantly role of additive gene action for all the characters. Females
214A, 302A and 405A were good general combiners for grain yield and most of the yield
attributing characters. While testers J 2257 had significant gca effects for grain yield, days
to maturity, earhead length and 1000 grain weight. The cross combination 833A x J 2257
was identified with significant and positive sca effect for grain yield
- Chavan, A.A. and Nerkar, '1'.5. (1994). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 19 : 58-61.
- Dass, S., Yadav, H.P. and Deswal, D.P. (1984). Madras agric. J. 71 : 151-155.
- Kandasamy, G. and Ramalingan, R5. (1993). Crop Improv. Soc., India pp 28-29.
- Kempthorne, O. (1957). An Introduction to Genetical Statistics. John Willey & Sons., New York pp 458-471
- Navale, P.A. et al. (1991). J Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 16 : 17-19.
- Pethani, K.V. and Kapoor, RL. (1984+. Indian J. agric. Sci., 52 : 87-92.
- Pethani, K.v. and Kapoor, RL. (1995).'GAU Res. J., 20 : 87-93.
- Sahane, DV. et aI. (1996). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 21 : 42-45.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.