Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
BIOCHEMICAL ASPECTS OF HOST PLANT RESISTANCE TO YELLOW MITE IN CHILLI
and nutrient composition of N,P,K, Ca and Mg in leaf were estimated in fifteen chilli cultures,
representing resistant, susceptible and highly susceptible groups to mite infestation. The
different biochemical constituents and nutrients in leaf were correlated with mite incidence.
Among the biochemical parameters studied tannins, phenols, potassium, calcium, magnesium
and chlorophyll were found to have negative correlation with mite incidence. Total
sugars, protein content and nitrogen content exhibited positive association with mite
incidence. Phosphorous content in leaf did not exhibit any relationship with mite incidence.
- Borah, D.C. (1987) Ph.D Thesis, U AS, Dharwad, pp 165-202.
- parbrowskii, Z.T. and Bielak, B. (1979) Dept. Appl. Zool, Warsaw Agricultural University Warsaw, Poland.
- pp 317-326.
- Dubois et al. (1956) Analytical. Chern. 26 : 350.
- Goldstein, J.L. and Swain, T. (1965) Phytochemistry. 4:185-192.
- Henneberry, T.J. (1962). J. Eco.Ent. 55: 134-137.
- Jackson, M.N. (1967). Soil and chemical analysis. Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. pp 115-27.
- Khalid Ahmed (1988). Annual report, AICVIP, RARS, Lam pp : 23-24.
- Lane, H.C. and Schuster, M.F. (1981). Phytochemistry. 20: 425-427.
- Mallick, C.P. and Singh, M.B. (1980). Plant enzymology and histoenzymology. Kalyani Publishers, NeiN Delhi.
- pp 286. .
- Poe, S.L. (1973). Florida Ent. 54 : 183-186.
- Rao, B.HK et al. (1983). Special Issue Indian J. Ent. 1 : 2-15.
- Rodriguez, et al. (1960). J. Eco.Ent. 52 : 491-495.
- Sadana, G.L. and Meena Goyal. (1983). Indian J. Acaralogy. 8 : 49-56.
- Sadasivam,S and Manikam, A. (1992). Biochemical meth'X!s for agricultural sciences. Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi. pp 187-195.
- Sances, e! al. (1982). Environ. Ent. 11 : 516-518.
- Summers, F.M and Stockings, C.R. (1972). Acaralogia. 14 : 170-178.
- Tulisalo, U. (1971). Ann.Ent. 37 : 155-163. .
- Wermilinger, et al. (1985). Ent.Exp.et applicata. 38 : 23-28.
- Witham, et al. (1971). Experiments in plant physiology, Van nostrand, New York, pp: 245.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.